Poll

Crucify Night Foxscotch?

Yes
25 (69.4%)
No
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Straight Megathread - i didn't expect to get this far  (Read 31029 times)

what if you have both
because those exist
we burn those at the stake

I don't even get gender really
like what is it
cus we've got tons of people saying it isn't a result of your body parts
then we've got just as many if not more, saying that gender roles shouldn't exist
so then... what's left? what's the difference between a boy or a girl, if it's not their love organs, or how they behave or look or dress or whatever?
There shouldn't be any difference in how you perceive people at a glance.

Though coming from a biloveual there might be a slight difference for some people.

There shouldn't be any difference in how you perceive people at a glance.
well, yeah
but... why are you telling me that

well, yeah
but... why are you telling me that
You asked what the difference is and I answered you shouldn't perceive a difference.

Really if you are confused, you should consider "lovees" as the scientific and "genders" as societal. I'd look it up.

You asked what the difference is and I answered you shouldn't perceive a difference.
I'm not saying I do
that's exactly the opposite of what I'm saying
I don't see any difference. but people say there is one. and "what is that difference" is what I'm asking

I don't even get gender really
like what is it
cus we've got tons of people saying it isn't a result of your body parts
then we've got just as many if not more, saying that gender roles shouldn't exist
so then... what's left? what's the difference between a boy or a girl, if it's not their love organs, or how they behave or look or dress or whatever?

Having gender roles would be assigning genders (and their corresponding "roles") based on one's love.

Gender is how masculine or feminine you portray yourself and feel psychologically. I guess the easiest way of differentiating them is that being "feminine" is closer to what is traditionally associated with women, whereas being "masculine" is just what is traditionally associated with men, but that's just defining things in a circular manner.

Either way, you can have gender without gender roles.

so a boy can't be feminine?

Not in a society with strict gender roles. Obviously you can be less masculine and still be male without them, though.

They can be, its looked down upon normally.

Honestly, I just looked up some gender terms, and holy stuff what a clusterforget of ideas.

A boy can be whatever he wants to be, within reason. A definition of a word does not define you.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:29:26 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

put me on that straight list god dangit

A boy can be whatever he wants to be, within reason. A definition of a word does not define you.
right, that's what I'm getting at
but then, what's the point in that word? nothing you do has to have anything to do with that word, because the word is meaningless as far as I can tell, so why use the word at all?

but then, what's the point in that word? nothing you do has to have anything to do with that word, because the word is meaningless as far as I can tell, so why use the word at all?

Just because you're confused doesn't mean everyone else is. Gender is an integral part of society, even without gender roles. Try walking up to a club and trying to convince them to give you the female cover price because you identify as a female.

Just because you're confused doesn't mean everyone else is. Gender is an integral part of society, even without gender roles. Try walking up to a club and trying to convince them to give you the female cover price because you identify as a female.
They could probably get away with that

...in San Francisco.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:15:34 PM by Harm94 »