Author Topic: I was the last student to take the STAR test EVER on a paper  (Read 1495 times)

Huh.
Seems like you people have a bunch of different abbreviations for different tests, and I'd guess that it depends on what state you're in.
For me, this test is the CRCT.
And 8th graders take some kind of other test called the EOCT.

We (my township/district), take STAR online, though we also have ISTEP for up until high school, I think that's being phased out or done on computers soon.
The more answers you get correct in a row on a STAR test, the harder it gets, so you're either a genius in your class, you're bad at math, or we're talking about two completely different STARs.
STAAR test for Texas :P

in other news arizona has sued texas for abbriviation copyright

In California, we had the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR)
http://www.startest.org/
This

In California, we had the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR)
http://www.startest.org/
My little brother tells me its called the Common Core now. You have to read 3 long paragraphs and t here is only 1 question.

My little brother tells me its called the Common Core now. You have to read 3 long paragraphs and t here is only 1 question.
Common Core is something completely different. It's made to replace the 50 state-issued tests with a nationwide one, Common Core. It focuses on critical thinking slightly more rather than MEMORIZE THIS FORMULA AND DO THIS PROCESS.

uhh i have MAP, online test for math, english and reading :o

I have common core.
I have this too. I loving hate it with every inch of my life. It's not multiple choice either iirc.

on the subject of tests going by different names, in elementary school we had a yearly standardized test called the SAT, so that was pretty confusing for me when I found out there's the other one too

Common Core is something completely different. It's made to replace the 50 state-issued tests with a nationwide one, Common Core. It focuses on critical thinking slightly more rather than MEMORIZE THIS FORMULA AND DO THIS PROCESS.
Never taken it. In college now.

we have IOWA tests for freshmen and eoc exams for all grades except seniors. but the eoc's are going to be replaced with the PAARC test next year.

In Massachusetts we have MCAS