Author Topic: What parts would i need to run blockland smooth and best qaulity?  (Read 1598 times)

I have been playing Blockland for 3 years and well I don't have a great PC to run it that well because for one I cant run Blockland that smooth and I cant really have the shaders  on as well and Im just wondering what parts do you guys recommend to run Blockland on its best?

The modernest gpu you can afford and more than 2gb ram.
(Assuming your cpu is fine, I don't think cpu is important at all)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:40:44 PM by tails »

I have an Asus AMD Radeon HD 7750 graphics card that's fantastic. It should be around 100$. IDK the effects for you, but for me without anything loaded, I can have 150+ FPS with Maximum Shaders. I get around[/possibly over]60 when speedkart tracks and other saves are loaded, and if the load's really big, it'll be around 20/30 fps.

EDIT: If you need to know my system information, let me know via PM.

Alternatively, stop being an idiot and post it here.

I only got 100$ right now.

Also what's really weird is that my cousin said a 20$ graphics card can run it on full shaders, but I think its a lie.

LOL
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:14:38 PM by snk 5.0 »

I have an Asus AMD Radeon HD 7750 graphics card that's fantastic. It should be around 100$. IDK the effects for you, but for me without anything loaded, I can have 150+ FPS with Maximum Shaders. I get around[/possibly over]60 when speedkart tracks and other saves are loaded, and if the load's really big, it'll be around 20/30 fps.

Thanks man. :)

I only got 100$ right now.

Also what's really weird is that my cousin said a 20$ graphics card can run it on full shaders, but I think its a lie.

LOL
You'll get a fancy optical drive with $100.
I paid $750 for my custom built computer.

Somehow my Radeon HD 7850 @ 1100 MHz can't even deliver 10 FPS on maximum shaders. It used to be able to deliver 50.

Unless that guy works at nvidia/amd and somehow gets a 95% discount, he has no idea what he is talking about.

Alternatively, stop being an idiot and post it here.

Well then...

System
Manufacturer: Intel
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB (3.25 Usable)
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this display

Graphics
Name: ASUS HD7750 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip Type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x683F)
Apx. Total Memory: 2414MB

Basically my machine is mainly a home-use-kind-of-a-system that's been upgraded to a somewhat Gaming PC with 3 hard drives and an Asus AMD Radeon HD 7750 Graphics card.

Anything else?

Since I'm pretty sure you aren't going to upgrade much more than the GPU with $100 (for a good CPU like a i5 4570K, it's already 200ish last time I checked; getting more, faster ram (faster will be more noticeable than just more) 'should' be in range but the GPU should really be priority anyways), You should try for at least a GT 610+ for minimum shaders for most builds in the modest 5-15k range and at least a GTX 750 for satisfactory speed at max shaders for most regular things. (probably exaggerating how much you need a good GPU, but you really do need a mid to high end one to really enjoy maximum shaders in almost everything. basically, if you can get a GTX 760+, by all means get one if your system can support it and won't be bottle necked by other stuff which it likely could be.).

A geforce 210 can run maximum shaders...at a unusable 2-3 FPS for anything worthwhile, so it doesn't really matter if the GPU can run it if it can barely do so.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:00:35 PM by QuadStorm »

Somehow my Radeon HD 7850 @ 1100 MHz can't even deliver 10 FPS on maximum shaders. It used to be able to deliver 50.
That's weird, I had that exact card until I got rid of it for a GTX 670 4GB, used to run max shaders with 100+ FPS.

System
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM

Display Devices
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Display Memory: 4034 MB

Max settings on blockland = 60-66 fps depending on monitor limits.
Cpu will most definitely effect fps if it is older.

That's weird, I had that exact card until I got rid of it for a GTX 670 4GB, used to run max shaders with 100+ FPS.
I found out today that the framerate is CPU-limited. If I had a FX-6300 again instead of a Athlon II x4 635, there would be no bottleneck. I never thought that the CPU has anything to do with shadows and shaders.