Author Topic: Life-Changing Console Games from your childhood! [Megathread]  (Read 2777 times)

What are some games that changed your lives?

Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door

This game was life-changing for me in a variety ways, from its colorful storyline to funny dialogue, it stands out as the one game that will forever be my all-time favorite. Despite the countless times of back-tracking in Chapter 4, I found this to be the one game that I could simply play over and over again. It was unlike any Mario Kart or Smash Bros to me in my childhood, those games I played for fun but got no meaning out of, this game gave me a huge sense of adventure and exploration. Being the only game that I ever bought a guidebook for due to my huge obsession over it, The Thousand-Year Door was without a doubt my favorite game of all time.

animal crossing ruined all my time and sleep.

it was tottaly worth it though because animal crossing is amazing

Perfect Dark

Ratchet and Clank

and Half-Life

Pac Man World 2, KOTOR2, SM64, Pokemon Yellow, Yoshi's Island and Portal.

I'm not old enough to like old games, so I'll just say Pokemon Emerald and the GBA version of Yoshi's Island.

(GBA was my first video game system if you couldn't tell)

the sly cooper 1, 2 and 3

me and my grandma played them most of our free-time

Pac Man World 2
loved that game too, but didn't get really addicted, hated the Clyde boss tho, was hard af

I also liked Yoshi's Story for N64, that game was really fun.

Paper Mario is definitely one of my favorite RPGs, along with Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem and the Shin Megami Tensei series. I think Animal Crossing was one of them, along with Punch Out which was one of the first games I played if I can recall. But uhh I'd have to say Metal Gear Solid.

loved that game too, but didn't get really addicted, hated the Clyde boss tho, was hard af
Clyde was very hard. I got addicted to that game like a entrepreneur  with crack. I would always play it as soon as I got home. When I got 100% in all of the levels, I stopped playing and now that I can't play it, I really want to.

ssbm, pmttyd, animal crossing

oh shoot and pokemon
pokemon was great because you could hear a bunch of lies out and about on the playground like "there is a certain spot in victory road in which if you were to level up a mewtwo from 99 to 100, it would evolve into mewthree"

oh shoot and pokemon
pokemon was great because you could hear a bunch of lies out and about on the playground like "there is a certain spot in victory road in which if you were to level up a mewtwo from 99 to 100, it would evolve into mewthree"
when i was a kid i was convinced mewthree existed, pokeblu was catchable, and you could get a deoxys in emerald by going to the moon.

and most of the tony hawk games besides thps3

I honestly like NFSU 1 than 2.