Help redirect virus :(

Author Topic: Help redirect virus :(  (Read 2951 times)

Well, you're certainly in a pickle, aren't you?

Try system restore. If you got it yesterday, go back to the 8th. If that doesn't work, try going back a week or two.

If it's still not gone, I'm afraid it's time to pull out the big guns - Combofix.

Combofix WILL get the job done, but it may destroy your computer in the process. Use it only as a last resort.
Alright, I found a system restore point 5 days ago. That should work. I need to save everything in my handy dandy USB. Just incase :P. Alright here I goooo.

Try a SuperAntiSpyware and Spybot - Search and Destory (probably not really relevant to the issue but a scan won't hurt) scan after the restore. Check CCleaner's start up section for anything fishy as well. Try to use msconfig also.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:43:41 PM by QuadStorm »

stop using gay research downloader addons

Install Chrome
you mean use right?

wait what do you mean op didn't have it already...

Firefox > chrome. Chrome is used only when stuff happens with Firefox. Then again, I'd prefer Safari over Chrome.

That's kind of weird how R-Kill didn't detect it, but you should stop using SpyHunter. SpyHunter is one of the worst programs for detecting spyware/malware. You really need a payed-for anti-virus like Kaspersky or Bitdefender if you want your computer to be really secure.

Firefox > chrome.

Yes

Yes

Finally, someone who understands!

Chrome is slower than IE in my system. From most to least favorite: Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE6, Chrome, IE7+

Change your home page.

Yes

Yes

Finally, someone who understands!
I've used chrome for years and nothing has ever happened to me...

Once, I got the GreatArcadeHits virus somehow, possible from a malicious pop-up.
I used malwarebytes to get rid of the more than 40 viruses it dropped on the computer, but in chrome ads kept popping up with the greatarcadehits label attached. So, I went to extensions and I found the malicious extension the virus put on the computer. I deleted the extension and all was back to normal.

More Info: http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-greatarcadehits/

Firefox > chrome. Chrome is used only when stuff happens with Firefox. Then again, I'd prefer Safari over Chrome.
My firefox was forgeted over somehow and I started using chrome instead
I like it a lot better

If your on windows 8 "refresh" your pc. Which means your files will stay but your apps will go.

i use safari and it works just fine
i only use chrome when something's wrong with safari, which only happened once

Install AdwareCleaner and use it to scan for extensions in firefox. Clean what it brings up and restart. Worked for me when I had adware plastered to my chrome, but this works for other viruses too I believe.