Has anyone tried to make a build focused on combating Bots from hole bricks?

Poll

Extremely toned down poll thats not a clusterfuck of 492 options to find out how interested you are in this/if you would ever build something like this.

High interest in the idea/building it
8 (61.5%)
Some interest in the idea/building it
4 (30.8%)
Not interested
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Has anyone tried to make a build focused on combating Bots from hole bricks?  (Read 1236 times)

Has anyone tried to make a build involving fighting hole bot bricks?

So far I'm trying to do a Hotline-Miami type build against bots with a modified Top Down Player(camera is positioned further away). All I have finished is a house populated with Blockhead(Default holes) and Prisoner(Bot_Town) holes with the bots evented to stay still until they see the player, in which case they suicidally charge in to beat you to death with melee weapons. Considering the fact that the top down player dies in one hit from T+T Melee(To me it does, atleast.), this is very effective. There is a music brick outside the house that changes. Untill you kill the last guy in the house(separated from the others), the music bricks will be playing the Bandit Base Polka/Bandit Radio from S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Clear Sky. Once you kill the last guy and touch a fence brick to activate the exit, the music changes to Stage 2 of Galaga Arrangement.

Anyone else have ideas for if they were to do a build primarily focused on combat against bots from the hole bricks? Navigating a mountain and fighting your way through the bots, with a boss-like enemy(high hp/powerful weaponry)? Something straight out of X-COM:UFO Defense, where the bots are terrorizing a city and its up to the players to save the civilians?

(Shouldn't have typed this so late at night, probably forgot something/made some inconsistencies.)

maybe a bridge? that would be cool

maybe a bridge? that would be cool
A bridge full of bots to fight against, or just a regular bridge?

I made a little popular server (well 2), called Bot Wars. The first Bot Wars were you had two classes, you battled bots in a big city to steal the flag, take it back and score. From flag score and bots you killed, you could buy new upgrades to your class.

The second Bot Wars (Eventers Edition) were was you actually made and battled bots against other players or other pre-made bots. You ranked up through the system to get em all!

I made a little popular server (well 2), called Bot Wars. The first Bot Wars were you had two classes, you battled bots in a big city to steal the flag, take it back and score. From flag score and bots you killed, you could buy new upgrades to your class.

The second Bot Wars (Eventers Edition) were was you actually made and battled bots against other players or other pre-made bots. You ranked up through the system to get em all!
Do you still host that?

Do you still host that?

The original Bot Wars was very borky due to the new updates to add-ons and bots. I've had to remove and enable different add-ons to make things work. Many classes were unbalanced too. But I don't host it too often now either. I'm trying to host new other stuff.

Bot Wars Eventers Edition, I stopped hosting after the players died down, and I opened up Mini Empires 4 so I had no time to go on it. On top of that, Hammereditor removed me from his service because I was too inactive.

So I don't host it too much anymore.

I've actually got that for my new lotr server. There will be orcs fighting gondor soldiers and you fight in the battle to help the knights of minas tirith win :)

I've got a jelly arena (very bouncy) where you fight against other players and a bunch of named bots (who all have silly names and also fight each other).

It could very easily be set to bot team vs human team.

I was doing this when Event_Bots was a thing. Still doing it now. One thing that I would pay attention to make bots substantially weaker, otherwise their aim-botting will kill people easily.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:39:02 PM by Deadzone »

I experimented with the concept of a shoot-out with terrorist bots. It involved the player using cover while the bots shoot at you in their fixed intervals. There were also weapons in the background that you can get just by shooting them.

The game SWAT 3: Recon from Stickpage led me to do this years ago.

Yes, I did make a server that had bots, a while back. It works, but the problem is they are not like the AI off Medal of Honor or Battlefield. They will not fight you unless you are close up and will not pursue you either. Sometimes they will change colors/decals back to a plain white shirt, blue pants and shoes, and yellow hands  Hope you can do better that me!

The ais much better with the default bots.
Not perfect, but better.
OT: yes, but it's with things that other players could replace them. (dms)