Author Topic: Does anyone build ocean maps?  (Read 2103 times)

I see TONS of creativity in blockland, but I've NEVER seen an underwater build unless it's a tiny pond with like some plants on the bottom. We have environment to make the water super deep, why doesn't anyone use it?

Before someone says "why don't you build one then" I'm not a builder, nor do I have the time to build.

If someone has, let me know! I'd love to see that kind of stuff. It just seems nobody has touched the "ocean floor" part of blockland.

This is interesting to think about.

Good thought process OP.

We dont have any actual submarines, a pack with different setup/weapons would be nice.

because underwater support currently sucks. there's no air pocket zones and you wind up crouching the entire time.

We have environment to make the water super deep, why doesn't anyone use it?
Because if you build a room underwater, there will still be water in it.

Blur and I created a escape map that was underwater. It took place in a crashed submarine deep in the ocean. It was canceled because Blur didn't know how to build underwater things and it wasn't going anywhere.

I'd be interested in it if there was a playertype or some sort of Add-On that would allow me to not float in water, and have normal movement at the bottom (perhaps slightly slower movement, higher jumping?).

You could do an ocean build without that, since you'd build without water and then turn it on when finished, but I never really like building things just to look pretty. For me they have to be explorable, or role-playable or fightable in.

I always wanted to do underwater stuff when we had maps, and build underwater cities to play in, but just the fact that you're constantly crouched in order to even be under there was a nuisance.

I'd be interested in it if there was a playertype or some sort of Add-On that would allow me to not float in water, and have normal movement at the bottom (perhaps slightly slower movement, higher jumping?).

You could do an ocean build without that, since you'd build without water and then turn it on when finished, but I never really like building things just to look pretty. For me they have to be explorable, or role-playable or fightable in.

I always wanted to do underwater stuff when we had maps, and build underwater cities to play in, but just the fact that you're constantly crouched in order to even be under there was a nuisance.

Maybe a whole new revamped player. Normal walking would be slow but would act as wading. Shifting would get you into a normal swim position, making you maneuver in the water quicker. Jump would make you propel up regardless shift or not. And in shift mode, to go up or down just look up or down.

Maybe a whole new revamped player. Normal walking would be slow but would act as wading. Shifting would get you into a normal swim position, making you maneuver in the water quicker. Jump would make you propel up regardless shift or not. And in shift mode, to go up or down just look up or down.
That would work pretty well.
Only slight issue I can think of is that if you swim down/up when shifting by looking down/up, it might make it difficult to maneuver if you wanted to crouch through tight gaps below or above you.
But that's just in my head, so it might not actually be an issue.

i will make one. and i know how to make airopockets,

How?

sure you do

With water bricks and using zones instead of the water to make the pockets. Not hard

That's actually a good idea, use env water for the infinite water plane but delete the water zone, and then use brick water for fill those parts of the ocean that players will be able to enter

That way you can leave out rooms

That's actually a good idea, use env water for the infinite water plane but delete the water zone, and then use brick water for fill those parts of the ocean that players will be able to enter

That way you can leave out rooms
this. Only I was just gunna use water bricks. But this sounds cooler.
With water bricks and using zones instead of the water to make the pockets. Not hard
I never said it was hard.