Poll

Which design?

Scotland Pub
29 (69%)
Future
13 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Which design do you guys like better for our new years server?  (Read 2823 times)

Really liked the build last time. You should have more games than last time though, like simon says that one gamemode TBP made (someone remind me the name), etc.

it wasnt actually a ddos, it was just me spamming stuff with my autoclicker
Other two times were a ddos. I have logs of it, massive flood of IP addresses from MoR to who I believe.
Really liked the build last time. You should have more games than last time though, like simon says that one gamemode TBP made (someone remind me the name), etc.
This year is going to be more stage oriented, with things that happen during the actual party, like we're planning a warioware type of thing
If you want any sort of music looped and done you can ask Sagcigaretteacity I probably have about 100ish songs from him. All different genres.
Oh, and another thing about loops, we're going to make sure the dl list is bearable by making several links for the downloads and opening the server a day early for people to download everything

Are those pictures supposed to be layouts cause i cant tell from them.

I love how Nal has chosen to be the PR department for the server lol

To be fair any questions about the server itself should probs be directed at me.
I had looked though the logs and basically Betel. forgeted things up by spamming an exploit in something Dawn made, we took it out and everything went smoothly even with 100+ players after that. Thing is we got ddosed (yes, I even have the notifications from interNAP/NFOhosting) right at midnight. It was actually kinda amusing.

I'm still trying to convince Nal that we should try gamemodes again, and so far Falling Tiles are a definite. There will probably be at least one other gamemode.

blockland new years was ruined when the stupid dubstep kids took over. cant wait for some more 'epic' electronic music!!! maybe we'll even have some special blockland DJ guests!!!!!!!!
I wasn't there but people have different tastes in music. Mainstream music includes electronic or what they call "EDM." Stop being a prick about it...

This year is going to be more stage oriented, with things that happen during the actual party, like we're planning a warioware type of thing
Ah that's better, always loved Kalph's just for the stage.

Ah that's better, always loved Kalph's just for the stage.
Yeah that was the only good part of the build lol.

Why not make different party-rooms (far enough away from eachother so music won't overlap)
You could make a dubstep room (futuristic, headache-inducing strobes)
A hardcore metal devil music 666fest room
for different taste in music and style

and maybe a "prison" room for disobedient noobs where there's being played Justin Beiber's "babeh" "song"

Why not make different party-rooms (far enough away from eachother so music won't overlap)
You could make a dubstep room (futuristic, headache-inducing strobes)
A hardcore metal devil music 666fest room
for different taste in music and style

and maybe a "prison" room for disobedient noobs where there's being played Justin Beiber's "babeh" "song"
too large, this year we don't want to make it gigantic and we are focusing on making everyone in the same room. I'll probably take more requests next year then before, but I'll handle making loops since people were offering to make them for us.
"Wheres my loops?" -Gatysh
I'm still trying to convince Nal that we should try gamemodes again, and so far Falling Tiles are a definite. There will probably be at least one other gamemode.
We are going to have gamemodes, just falling tiles below the dance floor, didn't we agree to that and then things to happen during the party? Like I have a few designs for what we should try to do, but the gifs on a jumbotron is going to be fun to do.
Thing is we got ddosed (yes, I even have the notifications from interNAP/NFOhosting) right at midnight. It was actually kinda amusing.
Don't you have logs of average ping? Because I honestly think we should move to a new server host before we host it, due to the fact it got pretty unstable for what we we're doing. Also you gave me logs of the ddossing before that's why I was saying we had logs of it.
Are those pictures supposed to be layouts cause i cant tell from them.
Yes, they are
Just small reference designs.

To be honest this year I hope is a lot better then it was last year, it actually got pretty good after the issues were sorted out and we kinda pushed a bit to start early. I hope this years better though. Like this year we kinda agreed to make the entire thing 2 floors, but have it so you don't have to walk all the way back to the lobby to get there, like we'll have a convenient way of getting to said place. The reason I don't want the build to be a pub is because all momentum wants to do is play like jazz or something, with covers that he made. this is a blockland server, he's blowing it out of proportion and taking it too seriously, and that's what I think we did wrong last year, we threw too much stuff into it and made it too serious. Yes, I didn't build much but I helped with a few parts, me and momentum made loops and drendran focused on the rest of the parts.

The hell we were put through to make this server is astounding, we had our build threatened to be leaked and sent to kalphiter by thompson, the server crashing, ravencroft (failed to do so) told Kalphiter about what we were doing but it ended up turning out better for us since he actually wanted to help us, and he gave some decent advice. We lost tons of progress and the master list was stuff on the day of. I really hope this years turns out better for us.

Also, I hope that Momentum and Drendran don't take is so seriously, its a server for blockland. I'm going to include more non serious stuff this year for the music so its not like last years, now that we know about this year I hope we all learned from it and I hope it turns out better. We all met along when we were making it, it started with Momentum and I, then DrenDran joined, Ike joined and Kalphiter. At least the main people.
Yeah that was the only good part of the build lol.
tbh his build was hideous
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:48:35 PM by Nal »

are there going to be swastika emitters this time

are there going to be swastika emitters this time
Hopefully, no

If you guys need any extra help, you know my number no you don't.

here, I'll make a log of everything that I hope is fixed, I cannot guarantee it, because I'm not the host.
  • Remove the Swastika emitters
They aren't really funny and this server isn't a joke, if they're going to take is oh so seriously then why have the emitters, everyone complained about it so why keep them?
  • Probably migrate the VPS
Drendran you don't really have to worry, since you'll have a full time job and I'll invest some money into it so we can get a better hosting service.
  • Make a better chat system
Doughnut talk so fast
  • Make the administration team smaller, but make sure they're effective
what I mean by this, is we had a ton of admins last year, why did we need them? We actually handled it completely fine with two admins, but that doesn't mean we are going to have that little of admins. The super admins will probably be ike, momentum, drendran and I.
  • Make the map smaller and more stage oriented
I know I already said this, but make the map smaller, which I agree it was too large, but we're probably just going to have a stage, a dance floor, a bar and gamemodes which will be all around the stage.
  • Reduce the downloads
What I mean by this, is we had a boat load of songs before that we didn't use, like drendran didn't remove the old loops we had in the server, this issue will most likely be fixed though, due to us moving the VPS and I'll have access to it.
  • Include some more non serious songs
  • More effects, but not with lights
Me and Drendran had a really detailed conversation about this, but we're going to have effects, but not with lights. We're going to include gifs this year for a screen, maybe the new set will have print bricks on it for those effects.
  • Open the server a day early and have plenty of Mirrors for the loops, this time not make it over complicated.
The reason we're starting so early and now that we have a developed "team" for this we're going to have more stuff and make sure they're stabilized, giving more time will make sure the server isn't as broken as before and we're starting fresh, so yeah. We're probably going to have a boss battle during the party, we're debating to either have it against cool guy or Shrek. But that can be saved for another time
  • Add in some events at the stage
self explanatory
  • Include the gamemodes right next to the stage, instead of walking all the way away to get to them and a queue system
The queue system will be removed, and all you will have to do is jump to the platform below, the thing we're doing this year is removing all the other gamemodes but falling tiles, and having it below will be a lot better because you can actually see the match going on below it.
  • Make the VIP's limited
Sorry guys, but we're going to only give VIP to people who have contributed a lot towards the blockland community, people who have contributed towards the server will become admin, but even becoming admin will be a slim chance, we'll give you credit though if you help with the map. I'm (at least) not going to take donations, idk about drendran. Even if you donate you're not getting VIP.

lol wtf bbc

We learned a lot from this.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:22:15 PM by Nal »

Fun fact: last years we started in January of 2013. Actively started working on the project in july til December, it failed because of all the ddossing that was happening to the master list, but we're going to hope for the best this year
correction:
Momentum started on this with Ladezkik