Author Topic: The Clave Key Competition - Win a Blockland Key! (Ends Tomorrow)  (Read 5809 times)

so while the way ipquarx put it was super rude, he isn't really wrong.

rather than repeat what others have said about badspot being very anti-key sharing, here's a different note:

it's kind of silly to give away a copy of Blockland when you already need to own Blockland in order to be in the competition. some people who are great builders don't need another copy of Blockland, while others are people who need another Blockland key but aren't building-oriented.

also, offering a spot in your clan isn't a reward in all peoples' eyes. some people may find that to be a nuisance rather than a gift, you may even be driving away some potential builders.

if it's true that your
then a fairly standard prize for competitions is to give the winner a $20 or under game of their choice, usually through Steam. it's quick and easy. i would recommend it, and you'd avoid all this trouble about blockland keys, but it's up to you.
Yes, he was very rude.
There are reasons to give away a Blockland Key. Maybe someone wants to win it for a friend or an alt forum account cuz their banned..? Also, having a spot in the clan as a prize wasn't my idea, and I see your point there completely. And if giving away a key thats already in our possesion is an issue; money isn't a problem. We could eaisily get another key and sign it up to the winner's email address of their choice, therefore skipping us as the middleman and removing all doubt.

We could eaisily get another key and sign it up to the winner's email address of their choice, therefore skipping us as the middleman and removing all doubt.
please do this

please do this
I'm preparing the competition now, it will begin in 4 hours.

Pictures! The contest has begun!

Block 1 is already filling up with builders!

Block 2 and 3 remain empty

(Click pictures to enlarge)

The building rage flows! (:

Might join, I know I have a key, though I could reserve it for someone that might be interested in Blockland. If not, then I'll give it back to you to decide who has it.

Or I'll go in fo' fun.

Why don't you people at least read the agreements about the game (At least skim it)? You can't share keys to someone, they have to buy it on their own. Just give them enough money to buy the key. It's the best..

Why don't you people at least read the agreements about the game (At least skim it)? You can't share keys to someone, they have to buy it on their own. Just give them enough money to buy the key. It's the best..
Buying the key for them and just having the system send it to the winners email is actually an OK way of doing it I believe. In order to install the game at all you're forced to agree to the terms of the game, so what you're mentioning is not an issue in the slightest.

Even if you've never used the key before, either both your current key and the key you're giving away is going to be revoked or just the one you're giving away is going to be revoked.

Just blank out the OP and lock now.
No, just set their email as the email the key will be sent to and pay for it. You have no access and they have their key. tadaa

Geez you guys.

I have given away nearly 100 keys over my years here in similar contests. I have even logged into every one of them at purchase to confirm the id before giving them away.

Obviously badspot could ban them all at any moment if there were any complaints about sharing or regifting. But I wasn't handicapped and i havnt given anyone any issues.

Technically sharing is bad. But badspot can't and likely never would enforce it to strictly because it's nearly impossible. He will deal with complaints and actual problems if they come up.

Was badspot out of a sale when I regifted a key I held for those few hours? No.
That is basically the principle issue

I recommend to join the competition. It is a fun way to spend your time!

I recommend to join the competition. It is a fun way to spend your time!
I agree! It's fun to see what other ideas people have, and to see what you can do in a 32x32 "plot."

Edit: Also, it's kinda sad that there's a roof over it, because no light gets in, meaning I can't take good screenshots with ultra shaders. :c
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:01:14 PM by Georges »