Author Topic: Must have mods?  (Read 2596 times)

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I have gotten on blockland, and with RTB gone (RIP) and my stuff memory, I ask you,

What is a must have mod, and a link to it?

There's an archive with rtb addons on it somewhere, I'm on my phone so could someone else get it?

There's an archive with rtb addons on it somewhere, I'm on my phone so could someone else get it?
http://rtb-archive.host22.com/

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the edit.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:20:14 PM by Crazyman32 »

Duplicator
Too many bricks inventory

Duplicator, Fillcan, and Slayer. Those are some of the best must have add-ons out there imo.

Ew...
agreed, JVS is gross and broken, only reason i use it now is because it looks weird to use a brick door for a space build

agreed, JVS is gross and broken, only reason i use it now is because it looks weird to use a brick door for a space build

no, it isn't broken and gross.

Problems with JVS doors:

• 16 events to open a door.
  • Horrible AIM sounds
  • A "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
  • Backwards loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.  This alone is reason to remove it from the game permanently.  I regret not CRC failing when I discovered this issue years ago.
  • Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
  • Overly complicated ID restriction system that serves no purpose except providing yet another way for power starved pre-teens to give themselves special privileges over other users so they can have some semblance of empowerment in their otherwise impotent lives.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:42:50 AM by jes00 »

I believe JVS door ghost bricks also have collision.

you know a brickpack is broken when you can walk on its ghost bricks
I believe JVS door ghost bricks also have collision.
read my mind wow
-turning rendering on on JVS bricks causes it to be a brick shape, where sometimes a part of the actual door clips through it. that shouldn't happen. it's good for making hidden doors however.
-JVS ghost bricks aren't transparent
-JVS doors sometimes would break themselves so you can literally walk through them as if they had no collision, even though collision was on
-iirc someone can place a JVS ghost brick and leave the server, and it will stay there.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:54:12 AM by xSetrox »