Just got a random BSOD, what?

Author Topic: Just got a random BSOD, what?  (Read 2629 times)

It could have been something as simple as the drive powering down. That error doesn't always mean it's the power supply.
I personally wouldn't worry about it. If it happens frequently, use a multimeter to determine if it's power supply.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 05:27:27 PM by KoopaScooper »

here's the post I meant to put in here:
Quote from: a guy on another forum
* Event ID 41 is basically a timeout waiting for a device to respond.
There is both a description and several fixes here Event ID 41 Source WinMgmt.

Event ID: 41 Source: WinMgmt

* If we had the actual DMP file we might be able to tell you which.

* Your problem may be caused by many things > RAM problems >graphics drivers > overclocking > heat issues > using more than one AntiVirus at the same time > etc etc.

* Make sure PSU is working properly

* If overclocking, restore to original

ROFL. You guys are crazy. You don't need to replace your power supply ASAP. Worst case scenario, you'll start getting BSODs more frequently until your computer either won't power on or will power off randomly. If you're worried about a power surge to your components, I doubt a failing power supply would be able to create a high enough voltage shock to damage components unless it was seriously faulty. I'd say replace your PSU if you keep getting them, otherwise don't worry about it. Not everything works exactly the way it's intended to 100% of the time.

Replacement is unnecessary it's more likely it was only a one time mess up.

The crashes are too far apart to mean anything.

ROFL. You guys are crazy. You don't need to replace your power supply ASAP. Worst case scenario, you'll start getting BSODs more frequently until your computer either won't power on or will power off randomly. If you're worried about a power surge to your components, I doubt a failing power supply would be able to create a high enough voltage shock to damage components unless it was seriously faulty. I'd say replace your PSU if you keep getting them, otherwise don't worry about it. Not everything works exactly the way it's intended to 100% of the time.

Except a failing supply could mean the immediate failure of the components it is powering, or it could, you know, start a fire.

God you're ignorant.

Except a failing supply could mean the immediate failure of the components it is powering, or it could, you know, start a fire.
Fire? Your lucky if you get a puff of smoke. Starting a fire is next to impossible.

"replace your psu" people need to sit down

who knows what really happened. i mean i once got a BSOD from jiggling a usb cord inside a 3.0 usb port. drivers must have crashed the computer

God you're ignorant.
You're also thinking of a worst-case scenario. It could literally be anything from the processor itself not issuing the proper flags for power-saving features or shutting off idle hard drives, to the mainboard itself. There are way too many variables to rule out to determine if it's the power supply.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:29:36 PM by KoopaScooper »

"replace your psu" people need to sit down

who knows what really happened. i mean i once got a BSOD from jiggling a usb cord inside a 3.0 usb port. drivers must have crashed the computer

my computer doesn't turns on if my mouse is plugged, wow.

The error doesn't have anything to do with the power supply. It's simply saying it didn't shut down properly, so the BSOD was caused by something else.

here this should be more accurate

there is no power coming to a device that is required for the kernel to work or sth
i got that once
replaced my psu and it fixed it

This happened to me when my RAM cards were out of place.

Check that just incase.

there is no power coming to a device that is required for the kernel to work or sth
i got that once
replaced my psu and it fixed it

Stop talking stuff. The kernel isn't hardware.