Limited Ammo Option

Author Topic: Limited Ammo Option  (Read 3093 times)

I had this idea that on the brick options, where placing an item, for certain, very powerful items, there could be an option to limit the ammunition.

like the Rocket Launcher for example. if you have one of those on your battle field, whoever has it can totally just wreak havoc. but if were you limit it to 8 or 9 shots, the player would have to be much more careful when choosing when to use it.

this option would also open up different game possibilities. for example, you could have a spear item with only limited shots, then have a maze that can only be navigated successfully with the strategic use of the exact number of spears that are supplied. :) like, have exactly three bricks that block the exit, then limit the spear to three.

when the weapon runs out of ammo, it is removed from the player's item list.

another idea that could make this option more functional is an option to toggle an item respawning. you could have it act like a vehicle, in which it is only returned to the brick where it came from if the carrier is killed, or the weapon runs out of ammo.

does that make any sense? or do i have to draw another comic? ^_^

I believe a comic is necessary!

oh dear... ^_^' haha...

ill see what i can do...

(if anyone understands it withOUT the comic, please let me know what you think. lol)

http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=16490.0

thats the weapon ammo system, and can be easily configured for different weapons...

thats the weapon ammo system, and can be easily configured for different weapons...
He means only a certain number of shots, and you can't collect more without getting another copy of it.

If people want an update, it would be possible. I think I know how to get it to work for the shotgun and other 'Special' weapons, too. I'll see what I can do about the MuzzleFlash problem, too...

oh, okay, cool! :) ill have to try it out...

If people want an update, it would be possible. I think I know how to get it to work for the shotgun and other 'Special' weapons, too. I'll see what I can do about the MuzzleFlash problem, too...

really? yay! ^_^ thank you. i was thinking specifically, for the default items the Rocket Launcher, Spear, and Magic Wand (not the admin's Destructo-Wand, though), since these are all weapons that destroy bricks.

thank you for listening and considering my idea. i have a scenario in my head that is highly customized and super-special-like, but it kindof pivots on having a magic-wand that has limited charges, or whatever...  :iceCream: yay.

(do i still need to make a comic? lol)

I believe a comic is still in order.

Space i think he would also like for you to make it so to get more ammo you pick up that same weapon again. Also if possible make it so you can only pick it up again if you pick it up from a different location.

well, i drew a comic, but im grounded from my computer, so i cant scan and colour it yet. (boo...)

DO WANT.
That desperately needs an update.

DO WANT.
That desperately needs an update.

okay, what is 'the Muzzle Flash problem'?

well, i drew a comic, but im grounded from my computer, so i cant scan and colour it yet. (boo...)
You're grounded from the computer, and you're in college?

You're grounded from the computer, and you're in college?

hahaha. i think that you making that connection gives me official license to call you a handicap! :D hahaha XD