Author Topic: Steam Family Sharing hates me  (Read 913 times)

So I hear that there's a way to give someone else all your games and vice versa. And I think: "Great! I can finally play some of these games with my friends!" So I take about 5 hours to turn on Family sharing, install, and transfer 20 gigs worth of Gmod game files over to another computer so that my sister can play with me. I get it up and running and...

She gets a notification telling her that she will be kicked off Gmod in 5 minutes because I'm playing it at the same time.
HNGGGGGGG

I realized that I can still host a LAN server if I go into offline mode. But it's nowhere near as fun as playing online. Steam, u suk

Is there any possible way around this other than buying another copy with $10 I don't have? I mean geez.. this is like my first Minecraft experiences all over again

steam family share allows someone else to try a game on another person's steam profile, but on their own profile.
i don't think you can play with someone else who is using a game you have over family share.

i use this family share mumbo jumbo with my brother.

ya prob shoulda read up about how family share works before you wasted your time messin' with it. It's right here in the FAQ.

holy moly didn't notice this. now i can download all my sisters bf games without logging on to his account.

lol why would steam ever allow two people to play the same copy of a game at once.  that literally opens the floodgates wide open for people to just share games infinitely.

lol why would steam ever allow two people to play the same copy of a game at once.  that literally opens the floodgates wide open for people to just share games infinitely.
I thought you had to be offline for the other person to play the game

I thought you had to be offline for the other person to play the game

the person can be online but its if they are using the library

i dunno, it would make sense if they limited it to a few other people who can play only when you're playing. Kinda like a modern version of spawn copies.