so uh, i got invited to join the national society of high school scholars ?

Author Topic: so uh, i got invited to join the national society of high school scholars ?  (Read 1559 times)

Yeah I got that too. I think it's in the garbage now.

and just to seal the deal they offered a FREE t-shirt!

i was thinking once of starting up a "business" where we can be a reference for job resumes. just answering emails and phone calls on diff lines. anything the person needed :D
That's a good idea, except your company would eventually have the reputation for doing this. Also caller ID would be your worst enemy. Is there a way to change your business' name regularly?

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/high-school-life/897826-is-nshss-legit-yay-or-nay.html
According to a comment there, their scholarships range from $25 to $10k. Most people probably end up getting $25, and since they paid $60, NSHSS makes a profit.

and just to seal the deal they offered a FREE t-shirt!
they gave me a bumper sticker if that counts
According to a comment there, their scholarships range from $25 to $10k. Most people probably end up getting $25, and since they paid $60, NSHSS makes a profit.
i read that too, actually
the business has like 3.5 million in profit and gave 60k in scholarships, and the board of directors refuses to disclose their salaries

That's a good idea, except your company would eventually have the reputation for doing this. Also caller ID would be your worst enemy. Is there a way to change your business' name regularly?

well short of a phone number solution, as reused lines can be googled and determined fake easily.
i could make up a fake business on the spot, specific to the job type of the person who needed me.
just have notes rdy when that call comes for him so i can be his old supervisor at the candy factory and not accidentally be the vice president of BP or whatever.

apparently they're sponsored by mlb

because, you know, white people

that one facebook link makes the whole thing seem stupid
this

thats what i thought, too
it seemed to good to be true because i have no "outstanding academic achievement" to speak of
meet one of the following:
Quote from: Their Website
-1750 SAT score or higher
-200 PSAT score or higher
-26 ACT score or higher
-Score 4 or higher on any Advance Placement exam
-Score 5 or higher on any International Baccalaureate exam
-3.5 Cumulative GPA or higher on a 4.0 Scale
-4.375 Cumulative GPA or higher on a 5.0 scale
-5.25 Cumulative GPA or higher on a 6.0 scale
-B+ Letter Grade Average or higher
-90% Percentile Grade Average or higher
-Top 10% rank in class

their 'qualifications' are frankly not that impressive but whatever

i got invited to this, my parents think it's a scam and i don't really think it's worth it because why bother with the $60 if i'm probably not going to go to any of their events or apply for any of their scholarships

oh and what the hell's a 5.0 or 6.0 scale

meet one of the following:
their 'qualifications' are frankly not that impressive but whatever

i got invited to this, my parents think it's a scam and i don't really think it's worth it because why bother with the $60 if i'm probably not going to go to any of their events or apply for any of their scholarships

oh and what the hell's a 5.0 or 6.0 scale
i dont think i meet any of those

5.0 scale is for AP classes and I have never seen a 6.0 scale before

I got the very same invitation.

It's a moneymaking scheme.  I'm not saying that Nobel didn't make it, but what they're saying is "Give us money and your college apps will look slightly better." 

All I'm saying is I'm not gonna do it. 

i think i got this last year

but im in the National Honor Society so i dont need this junk

I've been getting these since 2nd grade. One time they sent me two. One had correct info on it, and the other said I went to a different school.