Author Topic: Area fog changing  (Read 1320 times)

Is it possible to make it so certain areas of a map have fog/visibility distance changed compared to another?

For example a city with less fog and high visibility but a forest with high fog and low visibility.

just put invisible bricks that emit fog in the forest?

just put invisible bricks that emit fog in the forest?
The rendered fog looks a million times better than a bunch of emitters. I don't yet know if there is a way of sending different environment settings to different clients, but I'm very interested if there is.

The rendered fog looks a million times better than a bunch of emitters. I don't yet know if there is a way of sending different environment settings to different clients, but I'm very interested if there is.
rendered fog as in the option in environment settings?

rendered fog as in the option in environment settings?
Yes

Maybe, with environment changing events
oh no RTB is down
go to the archive
maybe you could find it there with ctrl f

Maybe, with environment changing events
oh no RTB is down
go to the archive
maybe you could find it there with ctrl f
This would only work if it's a singleplayer server, those events change the environment for the entire server.

This would only work if it's a singleplayer server, those events change the environment for the entire server.

oh yeah
okay no maybe this isn't possible unless you're playing singleplaye-
*lightbulb*
What if all the players just stayed in one group

oh yeah
*lightbulb*
what if someone wants to get that sniper rifle a few baseplates away?

oh yeah
*lightbulb*
It's for my zombie wasteland server. The likelyhood of 20+ players (in a FFA, mind you) staying in one area of a large map is close to nothing. I want it so when you're crossing one of the more heavily forested area the environment settings for visibility distance and fog distance(only shows when shaders are enabled but still) would be lower, but if another player was in the main city he would see the visibility distance+fog as further away for a clearer line of sight.

If only we could have a client sided version of that