Someone please explain the avatar situation to me...

Author Topic: Someone please explain the avatar situation to me...  (Read 1025 times)

It has been several months since I have been able to change my avatar.
This is ridiculous.
Why does this stupid website refuse to allow me to do so.
I am not the only one having problems with this although it seems like eventually others have been able to.

wait wasnt your avatar a gif

wait wasnt your avatar a gif
used to be, and I would like to correct that but...

I tried uploading mine as a .gif (not animation, just to lower the filesize), but the site refused to use it. I finally got it working when I uploaded it as a .png instead.

pretty sure its cache

profile images used to be separate files when they were uploaded, now when you make a new avatar, it just replaces your current one.

the problem is that your browser sorta stores those images into cache so you dont have to keep loading them, in this case, the first profile image your browser stores into cache pretty much stays that way unless you delete cache

so just delete cache

how do you delete cache

i got cache deleted but i still can't see a difference

It's not your cache, it's something with the latest update of smf 1.1. It can take a few weeks to change your avatar and it's really weird and complicated and I think Badspot needs to downgrade back to 18 or downgrade just the avatar system, which is totally possible.

I can't change my avatar either, If i upload a new one it somehow changes to the one i had before this avatar (?!) and then putting another one on puts it as the current one..

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:46:01 PM by Rally »

I'd say it's a problem with incorrectly configured cloudflare cache. It's probably caching the avatars.