Author Topic: Saving/Loading not functioning properly  (Read 1360 times)

When I load bricks the load never finishes and only loads parts of the builds, more specifically, the bottoms of some of them.

What it looks like

What it's supposed to look like.

This is obviously incredibly infuriating when trying to work on a project.
Things I've tried to see if it makes a difference:
Restarting BL
Making multiple saves
Put the save file in the temp folder and /reloadbricks
Building over the missing bricks and re-saving/loading
Waiting...
Disabling practically every addon that isn't essential to the build being there (only brickpacks stayed pretty much)

Any advice?

Give us the console.log and the .bls file.

Delete all script (i.e non-content such as bricks etc) add-ons. This is pretty obviously caused by a malfunctioning Add-On.

As for the save, it might be corrupt. You will probably have to rebuild except this time save without add-ons.

No, ignore what General said. We can fix this.

Please post your console log and save file.

Delete all script (i.e non-content such as bricks etc) add-ons. This is pretty obviously caused by a malfunctioning Add-On.
Things I've tried
Disabling practically every addon that isn't essential to the build being there (only brickpacks stayed pretty much)

No, ignore what General said. We can fix this.

Please post your console log and save file.
Ok. I re-enabled some of the addons I had disabled because I was building some dupes earlier.

Using some regex I removed all of the bricks that were causing the problem.

If anyone is interested, here is the regex:
Code: [Select]
\r\n".+((\r\n\+-).+)*It will catch the brick and all of its sub-properties. (like events)

Here is the fixed save file. Now we just need to figure out why this is happening.

Using some regex I removed all of the bricks that were causing the problem.

If anyone is interested, here is the regex:
Code: [Select]
\r\n".+((\r\n\+-).+)*It will catch the brick and all of its sub-properties. (like events)

Here is the fixed save file. Now we just need to figure out why this is happening.
The only thing I can think of that could possibly have something to do with it is originally when I placed all the main terrain bricks I had evented them with an event that I later changed inside of the save file by overwriting it with another even. I've done it many times without an issue, and I did it before I even placed any of the building bricks.

Maybe, but the same issue came up recently so I'm wondering if there's an add-on you both have that causes it.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=260301.0