Author Topic: XD's Airshow 2014  (Read 2578 times)

the only plane vehicle that lands perfectly are the passenger jets

i love playing around with those

Stunt planes are extremely easy to land with the accuracy of just few studs.

Never force the plane to land by flying lower and lower until wheels touch the ground. Let the plane stall and then fall softly onto the ground, while you lift the nose up to flare, and to make a three-point-landing (if you want to look fancy). This is how actual planes land.
By doing it this way any plane in BL lands perfectly.

sorry for going a bit off-topic

Never force the plane to land by flying lower and lower until wheels touch the ground. Let the plane stall and then fall softly onto the ground, while you lift the nose up to flare, and to make a three-point-landing (if you want to look fancy). This is how actual planes land.

this

except some planes stop on their own

i think it's safe to say that the passenger jet and a handful of others land atleast semi realistically unlike others

I've pretty much mastered landing in blockland.
I've landed passenger jets and private jets more than 10 times successfully, no clipping.

I land my planes like helicopters l0l
typically on the tail, sometimes front first if I really wanna land dramatically

I never even bother with landing. As long as I've got a parachute, I'll just bail out, hope it kills someone where ever it goes, lol, and by that time I'm back at its spawn.

Who needs landing when you have infinite planes, lol

wowe

"Rules: Tell your friends"

So are you going to ban us for not going on another persons server and stealing their players?

Wow an airshow on a bright screen, I'm going to go find a life
Or look at a real life one

Interesting. I'm aspiring to be a pilot, but unfortunately I have no idea what a three-point landing is. What is it?

Interesting. I'm aspiring to be a pilot, but unfortunately I have no idea what a three-point landing is. What is it?
It is where all three wheels of a plane touch the ground at roughly the same time, instead of the common 'land on the two back wheels with the nose facing upwards then bring it down.'

Also, ANT's explanation on landing is correct in terms of most planes, not just the stunt plane. Whenever I go on Airport RP's, most people seem to think you need to pick up speed and aim downwards to land; it is the exact opposite. You need to line up with the center of the runway and aim upwards while tapping S to drift and fall.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:37:35 AM by {L} »

I'm most familiar with the dragger version, where you lower the tail(wheel) to the same level with the front wheels by lifting the nose up to make
all three wheels of a plane touch the ground at roughly the same time
I only fly (virtually) WW1/2 aircraft, and they're all draggers almost exclusively. I find newer aircraft just dull :P

This would be fun in farlands
This is possibly the only way the server would ever be any fun.