Author Topic: did the youtube player suddenly get way bigger for anyone else  (Read 1677 times)

A couple of months ago YouTube's large player (activated from the square button) became very very wide. A few minutes ago, I click on a video and now even the small player is loving huge.

Small player for me (I double checked zoom, it's at 100%)

Large player (even bigger now)

What the forget is this? If I wanted to see the video the size of my loving monitor, i'd fullscreen it.

Did this happen to anyone else?

It displays in 1280x720 format if your browser is big enough to fit the video.

I was told about this a while back but didn't know what the person was talking about, but just a few weeks ago i got this and realized what they were talking about

It's pretty weird, but i guess in some cases it saves me the trouble of scrolling down to my playlist for the next video or to shut off the autoplay feature since i liked to watch videos in widescreen rather than the small screen it started out as

Happened to me too, but instead of getting bigger for me when I go to the bigger view, it centers the video and puts black lines around it, it calls it theater mode.

i like it.

I like the player being large but not fullscreen, so I have the ability to click on other stuff without having to constantly exit/enter fullscreen

i like it, can actually see stuff now