mental handicapation fight

Author Topic: mental handicapation fight  (Read 11761 times)

think about it
I don't think we're capable of the mental backflips you seem to be performing, please explain what the hell you were trying to communicate with that post.

just matching the efforts. if you're to lazy to read something mature, i'm too lazy to post it.  :cookieMonster:
Okay, bud.

If you aren't going to write an essay, you're better off not posting if this kind of immature attempt at a jab is what you produce otherwise.
I am prioritizing my time and ability to do anything else over reading whatever the hell on the Blockland forums.

So you are prioritizing complaining about mediocrity in place where it's discarded nonetheless but perceived as potential in favor of doing something productive. k.

all I said was that something may look impressive to someone who has no clue, when it could be the most talentless thing to do in the world

Under no circumstance this is remotely the most talentless thing to do. Or many of sorts. If it's impressive, it's impressive. If you are "perfect" and you complain about things like these, you should just go compete yourself, otherwise shut up. I admit this fits in "NO CRITICISM" category, which is bad, but this isn't criticism, this is outright bashing and slamming your ego up your own ass.

think about it
okay im thinking about it

if all the talented people in the world went up on stage and performed, there'd still be the same amount of people to take interest in them

it doesnt lower the talent of any individual

good god why would i want anything else

Starting from the beginning, their grip on the bow is too wide. It is more noticeable on the right, but this habit shows that they are attempting to generate tone in an improper manner. They can move the bow more consistently and create better tone by narrowing their grip. You can't see it in the still image, but the grip is also very rigid. Likely from nervousness, they are holding on very tight when everything should be more relaxed. This holds true even for the intensity they are going for in the style of the song.

The problems with the bow hand I said before are a bit clearer in this shot. You can also see that the hand doing the fingering is flexing inward, which is leading to very sharp and inconsistent vibrato. I tend to have this habit. With the thumb pushing like that, his fingerings are more likely to be less accurate and the vibrato will suffer. Again, his hands and fingers are tense and rigid, which shouldn't happen in any style.

The song isn't technically difficult, so the notes and rhythms line up pretty well, and the remainder is the slides and sul ponticello and whatnot.

They are still learning and aren't professional musicians yet, but they still went out and performed for people, and the judges recognized they have potential. Re-read the rest of my post. The judges know they aren't as good as professional musicians, they know that they aren't world-class acts. They see that they have the ability and courage to play, and inspire them to continue by putting them through to the next round. I honestly can't believe you two brats are honestly getting upset that the audience clapped and cheered for two aspiring musicians. Pathetic.The difference is being shot-down in front of the whole world vs being critiqued in private lessons with an instructor. These are two young boys who are still young with their instrument. Getting BTFO by the judges over a whole bunch of technical imperfections isn't going to encourage them. "There are people who are uncanny, who are finished products at a young age. I wasn't, thank God.” That's a quote from Itzhak Perlman, an actual masterclass musician who recognizes that young kids are supposed to sound like young kids. Someone who understands that people who have been playing longer will sound better, and that young kids aren't going to be technically perfect. Someone who understands that it takes time for talent to grow.But it demonstrates potential, which is what the judges saw. You're upset that they didn't show talent, but it's not like they won the competition. They aren't getting awarded anything. I don't see why you, as a "experienced cellist", are trying to say they don't have talent. Do you want to show off that you know more? Do you want to boast about your superiority? Because that's what I get from this thread, especially it's title.
The point is that they need to look to other outlets to improve and refine if that's what they want to do. They have to know that a program like this is not the way to expand their potential. Itzhak Perlman didn't get to where he was today by being evaluated from a panel like this, he built himself up to a level of high talent from where he made mainstream appearances. Please stop regurgitating this garbage, this show it about talent and the talent wasn't presented in the act.

what's that supposed to mean
playing cello requires some talent
Under no circumstance this is remotely the most talentless thing to do. Or many of sorts. If it's impressive, it's impressive. If you are "perfect" and you complain about things like these, you should just go compete yourself, otherwise shut up. I admit this fits in "NO CRITICISM" category, which is bad, but this isn't criticism, this is outright bashing and slamming your ego up your own ass.
Im not saying these guys are hacks. lol

I respect you for your knowledge of how to play and handle a cello, Nasoa.

But none of that means that they don't have talent.

looks like nasoa is still in his elitist friend stage

nasoa you do realize it does require some talent to decently play an instrument
looks like nasoa is still in his elitist friend stage
also this

[snip]
Please stop regurgitating this garbage, this show it about talent and the talent wasn't presented in the act.

I physically seen no talent in any act, ever, in any [y]'s Got Talent shows if I am to go by your logic. Not even that orphan Korean boy who sang a opera. It was average and meh in comparison to other opera artists because I said so.

Props to you to give any criticism. If you want the judges to be Jack of All Trades and excel in everything in order to know about the potential minor problems for a outside that could outright happen, fine.
The problem you listed is extremely minor and someone who just looks for a good show will not give a plain forget about that.
Given the premise of the show, you expect the judges to excel in everything and find out even the most minor complaint in order to discard a potential talent, from cooking, dancing, singing, playing instruments to any other physical thing that could be performed.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:53:31 PM by LeetZero »

I am talented in a field that I work most in. That doesn't mean I'm not talentless in others.
well i mean, i think you're a stuffty artist. reson thinks you're a stuffty artist. while some other people may give you praise we think you're a stuffty artist, therefore you have no talent.

we're even going to post a topic about it on the forums to complain about how you have no talent.

get forgeted

I physically seen no talent in any act, ever, in any [y]'s Got Talent shows if I am to go by your logic.
This is a given.

well i mean, i think you're a stuffty artist
Congratulations, your opinion doesn't matter. Objectively speaking, I am a talented artist; I am capable of realistic anatomy, shadow work, and perspective. This particular case of "talent" is special because unlike playing the cello, drawing is something that a massive amount of people do (Plausibly the majority of the planet) but that out of that a relative minority are capable of the basics like those particular points.

we're even going to post a topic about it on the forums to complain about how you have no talent.
Isn't that adorable? Have fun.

Congratulations, your opinion doesn't matter. Objectively speaking, I am a talented artist; I am capable of realistic anatomy, shadow work, and perspective. This particular case of "talent" is special because unlike playing the cello, drawing is something that a massive amount of people do (Plausibly the majority of the planet) but that out of that a relative minority are capable of the basics like those particular points.

Playing a instrument is something that a massive amount of people do but that out of that a relative minority are capable of playing the cello.
You are not drawing in a particular style with particular drawing tools that are a minority that no one uses. In that same case, simply drawing with anatomy, shadow work and perspective may as well as not be perceived as not being talented. Which is certainly still not the case.

...I don't see your points here mate.

I physically seen no talent in any act, ever, in any [y]'s Got Talent shows if I am to go by your logic. Not even that orphan Korean boy who sang a opera. It was average and meh in comparison to other opera artists because I said so.

Props to you to give any criticism. If you want the judges to be Jack of All Trades and excel in everything in order to know about the potential minor problems for a outside that could outright happen, fine.
The problem you listed is extremely minor and someone who just looks for a good show will not give a plain forget about that.
Given the premise of the show, you expect the judges to excel in everything and find out even the most minor complaint in order to discard a potential talent, from cooking, dancing, singing, playing instruments to any other physical thing that could be performed.

Then I guess I'm blasting the show? The point is that this act does not demonstrate exceptional talent.

And what's with the categorization of me? Who are you to decide that I'm the elitist? Did I ever say that I could have done better than this? Look at yourself when you cast someone off as an "elitist friend".