Author Topic: Tutorial Request  (Read 1520 times)

Hey, you all probably know about the 382959200099999&3e players that just started playing blockland. Well, the majority of them have no idea what to do. Anyway, this suggestion is simple... When it is a persons first time opening up blockland, they should be greeted with a box that says "Welcome! It appears you're new! Would you like a tutorial on blockland?" And start up the tutorial mode. I think this would be really good and save a lot of the older players from answering so much questions :)

I was planning to make something like this.

I was planning to make something like this.
As an addon? 'cause i dont think people just logging in would know how to install it

Yeah, it never really made sense to me why Badspot decided to remove the big bold "TUTORIAL" button in favor of requiring:
  • knowing how to start a server.
  • knowing how to select a gamemode.
  • knowing that there is a Tutorial gamemode.

Wow I cant believe i forgot about the tutorial button. I remember it now though.

Also, don't forget "How to change your name" so we dont have 300 clones running around causing mischief

Wow I cant believe i forgot about the tutorial button. I remember it now though.

Also, don't forget "How to change your name" so we dont have 2000 clones running around causing mischief

FTFY

As an addon? 'cause i dont think people just logging in would know how to install it
It has to be an add on at the moment. I could send a demo version tutorial and a full version tutorial to badspot.

There is already a tutorial. What are you talking about.

There is already a tutorial. What are you talking about.
hes talking about making it easier to access
to get to the tutorial now you have to know how to start a server, select a gamemode, and which gamemode to select

There is no point in making an addon to do that.

There is no point in making an addon to do that.
yes there is?
are you loving handicapped?

Okay. Please explain to me how you'll get new people to download an add-on they don't know about to get to the tutorial they don't know about.

ffs, this is asking badspot to make it an actual thing, not for someone to make it an add-on.

i find it hilarious that someone is planning to make an add-on to suggest someone plays the tutorial
because new people who dont know about the tutorial will totally know about this add-on