2 Year old child severely hurt by swat raid

Author Topic: 2 Year old child severely hurt by swat raid  (Read 5704 times)

it would be even funnier if it was a grenade

COUNTER TERRORISTS WIN
I don't think swat teams carry grenade's anyway, they want the suspect alive not dead. 

Swat should learn to throw a flash into the center of the room
Police work is a dangerous job. Not every house is built the same on the inside. Some rooms can be bigger or something or contain obstuctions. So that flashbang could go far, or it could go short or bounce of a ceiling or some object. Second, sometimes it is hard to get it chose. When creeping around the windows, you might step on an object that gives away your position and lets the badguys know you are here. The victim might get killed, or bullets go flying out the windows.

Second police are peace keepers, not soldiers. They don't have time to go down to the range, train as frequently.

Then you have your rules of engagement, department policies, laws, and trying to keep causalities at a low.

here:
http://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/jun/24/military-us-police-swat-teams-raids-aclu
"military us police swat team"
sounds like the typical liberal English media

"dumb baby killing americans have guns. Many people die in cross fire between police and criminals. Please disarm 3rd world America to bring peace!"

it was a terrible accident, but an accident nonetheless. people try to paint it like the SWAT team was like, in the wrong, but it's just a freak accident that sucks that happened and they're gonna pay the kids medical bill.
all that drug money should cover the medical expenses

it would be even funnier if it was a grenade

lol *baby blows up*

SWAT team: "whoops, thats what you get for being a druglord"

for all the SWAT knew that guy was held up in there with a shotgun facing the door

obviously they absolutely needed to use a flashbang in that situation and didn't mean to throw it in the crib. perhaps they didn't even know there were children in there.

not everyone wants a loving greasemonkey script
then he can suffer from pagestretches.
his choice.

but that was that guys home. so they looked in the right place. it dosnt matter if he was home at the time or not. it wasn't the wrong house.

Wow your an ass.

i feel terrible but all i can think now is "flashbang through the door!"

Half the people on this thread seem to be on the Swat's side.

I mean what the forget.

Its not their fault but still.

I mean what the forget.
Yeah because they didn't do it on purpose like you tinfoil hat people think.

I mean what the forget.

what else were they supposed to do? open up the door, look around for a few seconds, then close it and throw a flashbang?

also, peeking through the window is out of question, since anyone will surely notice a swat officer in full gear peeking through your window.

you know how drug/drug dealer busts usually end up in firefights?

Freak accident nothing more. Apology has been made through payment for childs medical care. 5/10 try to get the right house next time

I mean what the forget.

Because S.W.A.T. puts their ass in the line of fire on a semi-regular basis in an effort to make the house you're living in a safer place. Unfortunately sometimes they make mistakes. Human beings are known to make mistakes, the amount of innocent lives S.W.A.T. protects FAR outweighs the number of lives they accidentally put in harms way.

This isn't even a mistake on the S.W.A.T. team's part. The S.W.A.T. team is there for one job and one job only: to follow orders, be safe, and get stuff done. If there were babies, hostages, high value individuals, (and trust me, when the intel is done right, these things ARE taken into consideration) they should have received this information beforehand. S.W.A.T. teams are not responsible for reconnaissance, the fault here lies with intelligence.

havent police departments always matched the military's equipment?
l