what happens when a minecraft fanboy reviews blockland

Author Topic: what happens when a minecraft fanboy reviews blockland  (Read 7422 times)

It's true that the review isn't perfect, and it's true that he could've looked a little deeper in the game to give more valid information about it, and it's true that he made more comparisons to minecraft than necessary, but did that honestly warrant the behavior some of you have been giving towards this guy? Did he honestly deserve the edgy, sarcastic and blatantly insulting behavior that the comments seem to be full of?

This is what always loving happens when anyone says anything bad about this game. Some of you act like it's the best thing since sliced bread and advocate others to troll the content creatures for stuffs and giggles. You are making an extremely bad example of our community as a vocal minority, and the only way people will buy the game is when it is on sale. I'd suggest that, instead of insulting the person who created this video, use constructive criticism so they'll be more likely to listen to what you say.

I can't say I expected better of you because this stuff happens every single time, and I'm nothing short of tired of it. I only wish making this post would change anything worth a damn.

Posting this sort of shlock is obvious and open to critique and ridicule as far as I'm concerned. It's a very unappealing and appalling video that slanders rather than constructively reviews the entire game as a whole. Therefore, it is rightful to complain about the kid in this fashion.

Its more the fact that he gives this game a bad name when yet he hasn't even played the main meat of the game that bothers us
Its like walking up to a random restaurant with a sign saying "THIS PLACE'S FOOD IS stuff" when yet you've never even tried the food.
This guy is hardly popular; the video has less than a thousand views, so it's more comparable to talking stuff about a restaurant in italy, where it wouldn't affect more than just a couple of people who happened to be taking a trip to italy.

But let's say that your brown townogy was valid. In this scenario, the backlash from this community is comparable to the people who really like this restaurant bombarding this person with tomatoes, when you could just take down the sign without any drama, or, since we'll also say the sign can't be taken down, prove to people that the restaurant is worth checking out by not being a bunch of asshats on its behalf.

Posting this sort of shlock is obvious and open to critique and ridicule as far as I'm concerned. It's a very unappealing and appalling video that slanders rather than constructively reviews the entire game as a whole. Therefore, it is rightful to complain about the kid in this fashion.
He did nothing more than post an innocent opinion about a game. I'm not sure on what planet that you can justify this kind of behavior for that.

I agree that the video shouldn't be taken as an absolute truth that the game is garbage, but that doesn't make the channel owner a stuffty person.

"so people can see how this game LEALLY is."

leally is
leally is
leally is

He did nothing more than post an innocent opinion about a game. I'm not sure on what planet that you can justify this kind of behavior for that.

I agree that the video shouldn't be taken as an absolute truth that the game is garbage, but that doesn't make the channel owner a stuffty person.

You don't understand, if you don't take the time to grind out a game for a good amount of time, if you don't even take the effort to even give it a good try, you shouldn't critique nor review it. This kid came out, slandered the game and didn't even go past the tutorial. Honestly, that's a new low, even lower than IGN's pathetic money lined reviews.

I just realized it's not on the first page for either searching up 'Blockland', or 'Blockland Review'. This isn't important, leave it alone so it doesn't garner views. The more attention you bring onto it, the more stuff you'll stir up.

As a matter of fact, searching up 'Blockland', 'Blockland Review', or 'Blockland Gameplay' brings up almost no bad reviews at all on the first page of those searches except for one buy some guy called 'Doubledank66'(lol'd thoroughly). I sincerely doubt this would hurt the rep of a game like this unless we continue to poke at it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:42:48 PM by AutoBahn »

"Other than that i say don't get this game and stick with minecraft."

HOW DARE YOU!?

-
i agree with you that people here just jump on every review of blockland and circlejerk on it because they say they don't like it, but the thing that bothers me about this review is an implication of the fact that he doesn't know that there are flying controls in the game. he has literally not played enough of the game (i.e. tutorial, read through controls) to see that you can fly, so he clearly hasn't played stuff of the game.

This guy is hardly popular; the video has less than a thousand views,
exactly

he says in the beginning of the video "i noticed that there were no reviews for this game so i wanted to make one" which implies to me that he's putting the video up just so that when people see "hey blockland's on sale! should i buy it?" and search for reviews, they'll get his video and he'll get views.

so i agree with you in general about people's views of blockland reviews on blf, but in this specific case he (seems to be) just looking for views/attention and not actually reviewing the game. that said, however, you guys are stuffting on this guy way too much. it's just unnecessary.

also lol, "it's not a game i'd expect for 2014. it's more like something i'd expect for 2005". it's almost as if this game was released in 04/05!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDecILa8iSQ
wow I searched blockland and the first loving result is a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDecILa8iSQ
wow I searched blockland and the first loving result is a review
well most people who search for blockland are probably wanting a review to see if they will buy the game or not 

well most people who search for blockland are probably wanting a review to see if they will buy the game or not 
this is a review

i agree with you that people here just jump on every review of blockland and circlejerk on it because they say they don't like it

I didn't decide to jump into this argument because it was a negative review; I understand blockland is an imperfect game and it will never reach perfection, but it's critical that you don't blindly review a game like the way he did. Read my previous explanation.