How to increase running endurance?

Author Topic: How to increase running endurance?  (Read 905 times)

I know there are a few cross country and track people here but anyways
I might be doing cross country in the fall seeing as my back is too messed up to play football again.
Anyways I want to do well (obviously) but I dont know where to start. How many days a week should I run? How many miles? What pace? Miles per week? stuff like that
The cross country coach wants 25 miles per week. That may not be bad for someone else but 4 miles everyday for 6 days would be killer for me unless I did 2 miles morning/night or 1 morning 3 night. I can only run about 3 miles at a time and my 3 mile time is still 25:00. So if anyone can answer those questions for me that would be great thanks

it takes you 25 minutes to run 3 miles?

in 25 minutes i could walk 3 miles if i took a break in the middle.

gradually keep going further every day, rest every other day, eat healthy.

run until you cant run anymore, rest, run some more
ezpz

All you really have to do is just keep running and push yourself, the more you do it, the further you can go. I started jogging 2 and a half miles in April and now I'm at 5 and a half to 6 miles. Don't run everyday, your muscles need rest, try just running around maybe 4 days a week instead of every day.

You must be one hell of a walker. My freshman year of cross country I was around middle JV and could run 3 miles in around 20-21 minutes.

i could break my legs and run the 3 miles faster

i could break my legs and run the 3 miles faster
congratulations and you should be banned

i don't see why he should be banned

don't "bounce" while running, you're only wasting energy, just try to run straight ahead, also make sure to keep you arms near your ribs instead of hanging low to your waist.

energy shouldn't be a problem for you.

you'd have to be walking 7.2mph to make that.  p sure that's running speed

Yea and I haven't ran since Aug 13

thank you ill take my prize right now