ABS FIESTA - LOCKED EDITION

Poll

Where should we start from?

Where we left off
3 (33.3%)
From the beginning
5 (55.6%)
From a specific mission (specify which one in a post or PM to me or Qwepir)
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA - LOCKED EDITION  (Read 129654 times)

ADDRESSED TO: PILOTS OF THE 514TH STRATEGIC FIGHTER WING "MJOLNIR"

Congratulations, trainee! Due to your passab- exceptional scores in the previous assessments and examinations, you will be placed into the 514th Strategic Fighter Wing. The journey ahead will test your skills, your perseverance, and most importantly, your ability to control an aircraft with only one wing!

Remember to keep your wits about you. We are at war, your enemies will not relent. You are fighting for the North Aesthian Unified Coalition, NAUC, against the Southern Huitzitlaotani Empire. The assaults between NAUC and the Huitzitlaotani empire are raging, and many good men and women have been lost to this war. NAUC needs its elite, and that falls upon you. The 514th was handpicked from the finest recruits, and it is up to you to lead the aerial assault against the Huitzitlaotani.

Your starting aircraft shall be a Dassault Mirage III. As you progress in rank and experience, and find comfort in certain flight styles, new aircraft complimenting your abilities shall become available.

Godspeed, pilots.

LORE

LORE PART 2 and more!

DATA COLLECTION: PILOT REGISTRATION FORMS
I didn't just copy-paste it, h-honest
Character Name:
Character Age (18-50):
Piloting Style (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground, or Multirole):
Personality:
Callsign:
Backstory*:
Picture*:
Forms marked with an asterisk (*) are optional and will not impede application.

MEMORIAL TO THE FALLEN
Get your bagpipes out.
First Lieutenant Samuel "Lapse" Portica, Mjolnir 1-8 - Killed when his roosterpit was vaporized by a high-tech, high-energy laser system.

GLOBAL STRATEGIC SITUATION
Who likes poorly-done maps? The original OP does.

Unofficial Named Units List

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
how i rp good guise
[There are currently no rules written because I do not feel it is necessary. Subject to change. Follow what is posted in other threads and you should be fine.]

BASE ADMINISTRATION
Appeals to become a moderator should be done in private. Appeals to the moderation should be done in private as well. Appeal to the moderator first and then if you feel that the problem is not resolved you may appeal to grorious reader OP.
Gojira
xxxxkill
Qwepir

All credit goes to xxxxkill for the OP.
And the idea.
And for running the thing.
I just host it :\
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:20:48 PM by Gojira »

Character Name: Rory Loboda
Character Age (18-50): OLD ENOUGH 25
Piloting Style: Multi
Personality: Calm, cool, collected, often bends rules when needed, but never outright breaks them unless he's left with no options. Easily gets fed up with bureaucracy, as well as ignorance.
Callsign: Crux
Backstory*: Lol Yes, like his predecessor Xavier, he will die someday
Picture*: no

Physical Description: Brown hair, hazel eyes, fair skin, 5'10.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:37:42 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Character Name: Jacov Steele
Character Age: 27
Piloting Style: Air-to-Air
Personality: Irritable, likes to stay by himself. Drinks a fair bit. Seems cold and distant unless he manages to make friends with someone. Which is hard.
Callsign: Loki
Backstory: Born in Vierte, moved to NAUC with his parents at an early age. Always had a bit of an obsession with flying, so he enlisted in the air force. And now here we are. Tends to get his ass kicked a lot.
Description: 5'9. Reddish-brown hair with grey-blue eyes. Pale skin. Not exactly burly, but strong enough to fly in the Air Force.

Character Name: Tom Painter
[Character Age: 24
Piloting Style: A-G
Personality: Mature. Sometimes, but he is always ready to do stuff and willing to help.
Callsign: Lefty
Backstory*: One of Mark Safford's good friends, he persuaded him to join the (air force?)
edit: changed form mark to tom
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:02:20 PM by blockguy™ »

Character Name: Victor Narin / Sen Motyl
Character Age: 22
Piloting Style: Multirole (I'll probably switch over to Air-to-Air or Air-to-Ground later on)

Personality: He is cautious and prefers to work cooperatively with his teammates. He is amicable and takes on more of a passive stance in his views (and his flying). Victor likes to take pictures as mementos, sort of as a reminder of both good and bad times. Being a fairly new and inexperienced pilot, he prefers to fly defensively instead of going directly after enemies like a hungry dog.
Callsign: Basket Motyl
Backstory*: Victor is a guy from a small town in South Aesthia, he moved to North Aesthia and enlisted with the air force as a transport pilot for the better part of his training, before transferring to the combat division with a friend, who died in a training accident shortly afterwards.
Description: Stands around 5'7 with a lithe build. Narin has light blue eyes and black hair, and they have a face with rounded features at a closer glance.

Aircraft: Eurofighter Typhoon
Paint: Turkish Air Force Blue
Quote from: Weapons
Gun:
RAC/10

Missile Ordinance

Countermeasures
Flares + Chaff

Equipment being updated to meet ordinance point system standards

Aircraft: F/A-18C Hornet
Paint: Aggressor Blue
Quote from: Weapons
Gun
RAC/10

Missile Ordinance

Countermeasures
Flares / Chaff
Integrated Electronic Warfare Suite (Built into Avionics)

F/A-18 Hornet/Super Hornet Paint Job (Blue/General Purpose)
F/A-18 Hornet Paint Job (Desert)
F/A-18 Hornet Paint Job (Grey Aggressor)
F/A-18 Hornet Paint Job (Forest Aggressor)

Kintharian Aircraft (Mitsubishi F-2 Viper Zero Paint Scheme)
Eurofighter Typhoon Tiger Scheme
Eurofighter Typhoon Turkish Air Force Blue

Confirmed Aircraft Kills
1x MiG-21 Fishbed
3x F-20 Tigershark
2x Panavia Tornado
4x SEPECAT Jaguars
1x Saab Gripen

LORE

Quote from: MAPS

Unofficial Named Units List

MEMORIAL WALL

First Lieutenant Samuel "Lapse" Portica, Mjolnir 1-8

Character Name: Simon Hadwell
Character Age (18-50): 31
Piloting Style (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground, or Multirole): Air to Air
Personality: Witty and sharp but not very intellectual or polite.
Callsign: Gladiator

Character Name: Casey "Case" Miller
Character Age: 26
Piloting Style: Air to Ground
Personality: Ill tempered and roostery, but not unapproachable. Likes money.
Callsign: Cowboy
Backstory: Casey's family was broke as forget. He got pissed and dropped out of high school to start working. A NAUC Air Force recruiter found him one day and promised him a good payroll. He's still not entirely sure how he placed well enough to be entered into the 514th.

Character Name: Jasper Uslar
Character Age: 26
Piloting Style: M
Personality: Passive, mainly quiet but talks when necessary
Callsign: Cage

Well, I missed this by years, apparently.

Character Name: Karl Borkenstien
Character Age (18-50): 38
Piloting Style (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground, or Multirole): Multirole (prefers air-to-ship combat, though)
Personality: A tough, silent man from an unknown place, he rarely socially interacts and is still single. (*wink wink*) He wears a gas mask that also doubles as an flight mask made by himself at all times.
Callsign: Spacescraper
Backstory*: Not much backstory is known about him, but from clues gathered by his former comrades, he first flew at the age of 13, apparently was a bad spy for NAUC, and that he very, very rarely takes his mask off. Not even in a life-threatening situation.
Picture*: (CONFIDENTIAL)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:43:37 PM by Operator¹ »

PILOT ROSTER
Who's controlling who, you may ask.

REFER TO THIS FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.

RANKS
This looks cool so eat every last bit of it.
RANK     ABBREVIATION
Second Lieutenant2LT
First Lieutenant1LT
CaptainCPT
MajorMAJ
Lieutenant ColonelLT COL
ColonelCOL

Ranks are listed in descending order from lowest to highest. You do not get to be a General of the Air Force.
Note: Your chosen callsign is your nickname, in a sense. Command will generally refer to you as "Mjolnir 1-#" however chosen callsigns are applicable between pilots of Mjolnir wing.

AVAILABLE AIRCRAFT
I loving love tables.

REFER TO THIS FOR UPDATED INFORMATION

SHOOTGUNS WITH THE GUNSHOOT FOR THE SHOOTING OF THE GUNS

REFER TO THIS FOR ANY INFORMATION AT ALL

REQUISITION SOME stuff

USE THIS CALCULATOR TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOU CAN ACTUALLY TAKE 18 BOMBS ON THE F-16 XL.

Anybody with the link can edit it, do not under any circumstances all be on the sheet at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:44:57 AM by xxxxkill »

i actually like the callsign number 1-3 because of misfit 1-3 from battlefield

Do you guys have a good list of fighter planes somewhere?

are there A-10's in this one

are there A-10's in this one

I don't see it on that list, then again, the A-10 was solely designed for air support

Lapse's replacement
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:44:21 AM by Operator¹ »

Any and all modern combat planes are acceptable.

I don't it on that list, then again, the A-10 was solely designed for air support

The A-10 isn't a fighter aircraft and is designed primarily to carry the GAU-8 Avenger. It is, along with other aircraft including multi-roles, an attack aircraft.

Any and all modern combat planes are acceptable.

In addition I'll be tossing in a variety of fictional aircraft, primarily pulled from Ace Combat, as additional options.
Because real aircraft are lame.

i wanna use an a-10 when i get promoted but if you dont want me to, that is fine.

i wanna use an a-10 when i get promoted but if you dont want me to, that is fine.

you're perfectly fine jeez