Momodora III ~ Cave Story inspired action-platformer

Author Topic: Momodora III ~ Cave Story inspired action-platformer  (Read 7226 times)

Now on steam!

Bombservice is a small group of independent developers who spend far too much time procrastinating and make the Momodora games!

Momodora is a series of action-platformers. Exclusively designed for Windows computers, the games involve adventures in the lands of KoHo, inspired by many classic games from the past, as well as modern titles with well-rounded gameplay!

Momodora III is a sequel to the first and second Momodora games. The first came out in 2010, and the second in 2011. The first 2 games are free to play and you can download them and play them right now! The third one however is 5 bucks on steam.

Momodora I

MOMODORA (2010, Windows): The first game in the series follows the story of Isadora, an orphaned child who goes into a forbidden land to attempt to ressurect her mother.
It's a challenging arcade game packed with 8 stages.
The game won second place in indiegames.com's "Top Freeware Platformers 2010", and was featured twice in Destructoid.

>Download MOMODORA I

>Download MOMODORA I (mirror #1)

>Download MOMODORA I (mirror #2)

Momodora II

MOMODORA II (2011, Windows): Released a year after the first Momodora, this sequel is much more polished and improved in every aspect. It also abandoned the previous arcade-like progression for a more explorational gameplay. Momodora II follows the story of Momo, a priestess who is on a mission to banish evil nearby her home village.
It was released to much praise, and featured in sites such as Gamasutra, Tigsource, RGCD, the Indie Games Blog and Gamespy.

>Download MOMODORA II

>Download MOMODORA II (mirror #1)

>Download MOMODORA II (mirror #2)

Momodora III

Watch the Momodora III trailer!

Momodora III is a classic action platform game with a variety of items and secrets.
It's the third installment of the Momodora series, although playing the previous titles is not necessary to enjoy the game!

The game story's revolves around sudden weird apparitions at the village of KoHo.
The people of the village send two priestesses, Momo and Dora, to investigate the matter.

Features:
-6 regular stages, plus one secret stage!
-Items that allow you to customize your way of playing
-Difficulty selection
-Several secrets, and more!!

"cave sotry rip off!!!!!"

it looks interesting, ill look into it in the future

holy stuff this is hard

ho my gud yes i've been wanting a cave story sequel or something like that but this will do.
could of went with different graphics though because people will just say
cave story ripoff

Oh stuff

It's the indie inception

Indie game built on the glory of an indie game built on the glory of NES/SNES era platformers. Same color pallet, same art direction, unoriginal aesthetics.

Sweet I love Cave Story! I have to check this out.

Still waiting for a cave story sequel ;-;

stuff man! I remember one day I did nothing but play Cave Story+ bcause I was like NO I HAVE TO loving BEAT THIS because i was so in with the story and when I finally beat it i as like
FUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEES
but now i'm sad was sad cos it was over BUT NOW THIS loving AMAZING

FASTLEX GET IN HERE AND START WORKIN ON A GAME LIKE THIS

FASTLEX GET IN HERE AND START WORKIN ON A GAME LIKE THIS
OK
*starts up game maker
I'LL NEED SPRITES.
*imports sprites
NOW FOR THE PROGRAMMING
*starts up pokemon
eh.

it looks almost exactly like cave story

OK
*starts up game maker
I'LL NEED SPRITES.
*imports sprites
NOW FOR THE PROGRAMMING
*starts up pokemon
eh.

BE AN ENERGETIC WYNRRY NOT A LAZY WYLL

I found the first two games in my downloads folder yesterday and I'm totally hooked. :p
Great games. Just bought III and I'm loving it so far.

Thanks for the share, Zay!