Author Topic: hey guys avatars are changing quicker [[for some people]] FFF  (Read 4318 times)

Damn, I'm gonna have to get used to all these new avatars.

is it giving you an error? if it's giving you an error that's a different issue entirely. it's an SMF thing. badspot can't fix it (well, he could, hypothetically, but I'm sure it wouldn't be easy, and I'm not even sure how SMF feels about people editing their software), and the people who run SMF refuse to fix it themselves
"in other words, the images that your users are trying to upload are either infected or appear to be infected because whoever made th eimage used something that put crap in the image header."
their suggestion was to "Try one of the many PhotoShop alternatives, such as The Gimp or Paint .NET"

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=513488.0
Im trying to upload a gif, so... :(

i should make a thread where we vote for what avatar should be my next one

rite guise?!?!

Oh my avatar's different! I set it to this maybe 3 days ago?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:30:21 PM by Kevso11 »

Im trying to upload a gif, so... :(
both photoshop and GIMP will work for a gif, and you could try one of the billions of online editors for gifs

:^)
shieeet

is this like 3 people with watamote avatars now

hey my avatar uploads fast/instantly yay

both photoshop and GIMP will work for a gif, and you could try one of the billions of online editors for gifs
gimp, gifmaker.me and ezgif for dont work

Might be the filesize
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:12:06 PM by Muzzles56 »

gimp, gifmaker.me and ezgif for dont work
and it's still giving you that error? hmm. do you know where the gif came from?
and how big is the file? if it's less than 5MB you could try uploading it to imgur, then saving it, and try using it as your avatar again. idk if that'll work, or not, but it's probably worth a shot, since it's not hard to do

BULL

i uploaded as .png and it wouldnt let me because 'file size was too big' even though it was like 10kb.

so i changed format to .gif and instant upload.

btw im referring to the time OP posted this. its fixed now
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:16:18 PM by Blockzillahead »

It worked for me as well, I now has a cute little green car as my avatar, worth it.