Author Topic: Why do Nvidia cards run Blockland shaders better than AMD cards  (Read 4796 times)

well, next time someone says they are getting 1000 fps on max shaders with 4 gtx titans in sli, they're probably bullstuffting

good to know anyways

I am pretty sure a single Titan would reach 1000 fps on Blockland with max shaders with no bricks. I reach ~300 on my GTX 460 with no bricks on max.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:33:15 PM by Hammereditor5 »

GeForce GT 740M backed by Intel Core i7. Max shaders at ~30 FPS at ~20,000 bricks.

amd cards and processors are  cheaper and generally worse in performance than the ehm, "proper" cards like intel or nvidia. like someone said one day
"go big or go home" :-)

While I agree that AMD has not been very competitive with their processors, their video cards remain very competitive against Nvidia cards and completely blow anything Intel has to offer out of the water.  As for the shaders issue, I could run about 15-20 FPS Max shaders on TITANIC with my HD 6950 with a slight OC.  

I am pretty sure a single Titan would reach 1000 fps on Blockland with max shaders with no bricks. I reach ~300 on my GTX 460 with no bricks on max.
Just because it has a stuff ton of memory doesn't mean Titans are the gods of GPUs. It takes more than that: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-TITAN-vs-GeForce-GTX-780

I would never get a Titan. The GTX series is better suited for gaming and I bet that two GTX cards could easily beat two Titans.

$45 card as in it should be working better or as in it is working well? A $45 card can't be expected to run everything perfectly.
what the heck
where have you been

Just because it has a stuff ton of memory doesn't mean Titans are the gods of GPUs. It takes more than that: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-TITAN-vs-GeForce-GTX-780

I would never get a Titan. The GTX series is better suited for gaming and I bet that two GTX cards could easily beat two Titans.

Titan is in the GTX series.
Also I never said anything about memory.
But nonetheless you are right though, GTX 780Ti IS however better than Titan.

I have a GTX770 and I can't run shaders without massive framerate drops :(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:05:41 AM by Twerky »