I have an issue with my laptop keyboard

Author Topic: I have an issue with my laptop keyboard  (Read 977 times)

For some reason some of the keys enter TWICE when I press them ONCE

It's always the same four keys, too:
f
r
v
z

ffor example, if i dont pay attention to the letterrs like i normallly do it ends up likke this
its floving rhandicapped

It's annoying the forget out of me, especially when I try to undo in CtrlZ or CtrlV. How would I fix it?
(im on a laptop if that's important)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:28:11 PM by ßlöükfáce »

i usually just mash my keyboard against my wall 1-2 times, but that may not work for you..

take the keys out and put them back in?

don't change it for now, post for the next few days regularly and then all of us who read this thread can have a good laugh when someone freaks out about why some of your letters are repeating

no biggie. ive had keys forget w/ me like that before.

Last night I couldn't go to sleep so I installed Blockland on my grandparent's computer. I have no idea why but when I went in options to set up my key binds (I hate using the numpad to build) when I would set a new key nothing would happen. It unbound the default key and set it blank but some of the default building keys still worked. It was really tedious trying to build with weird keys in the dark

This is REALLY starting to piss me off
It happens ALL THE TIME

This is REALLY starting to piss me off
It happens ALL THE TIME
you know whats worse

palm detection

my laptop freezes my mouse cursor whenever I press a key and it won't unfreeze it until I release said key, or press and release another key

normally you can turn this off but for whatever reason this specific version of the driver software doesn't have the option in the control panel, and manually changing the registry value that is supposed to control it does nothing

it literally makes it impossible for me to model or play games worth a stuff on my laptop

which is mainly why I haven't been doing very much work on my weapons
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:13:10 PM by takato14 »

why would you even make a feature like that. where would that be useful.

ffor example, if i dont pay attention to the letterrs like i normallly do it ends up likke this
its floving rhandicapped
b-blouk
i-i-i d-didn't know you f-feh-felt that way

get some canned air

why would you even make a feature like that. where would that be useful.
its supposed to prevent accidental mouse input when typing

its for idiots who rest their hand on their loving mousepad when they type

you shouldn't rest your hands on it period but if you do, do it on the body of the laptop instead, why is this so hard, why do we need a correction for this

and why the forget would ANYONE make a version of the touchpad/driver where it's loving hard coded into the way it functions
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:51:17 PM by takato14 »

its supposed to prevent accidental mouse input when typing

its for idiots who rest their hand on their loving mousepad when they type

you shouldn't rest your hands on it period but if you do, do it on the body of the laptop instead, why is this so hard, why do we need a correction for this

and why the forget would ANYONE make a version of the touchpad/driver where it's loving hard coded into the way it functions
ohh so it's on a laptop. i bring a trackball mouse whenever i have to pack the family stuffty laptop and then i just turn off the trackpad.

but being able to turn off the trackpad in some way would've been really helpful when i had to use the school's laptops. even just the slightest brush on the trackpad was registered as a click and it made it super annoying to try to type essays because you'd accidentally select a huge body of text and then replace it before you even knew what was happening.

i usually just mash my keyboard against my wall 1-2 times, but that may not work for you..

take the keys out and put them back in?

ohh so it's on a laptop. i bring a trackball mouse whenever i have to pack the family stuffty laptop and then i just turn off the trackpad.
i bring a trackball mouse whenever i have to pack the family stuff
i bring a trackball mouse
trackball mouse