Author Topic: atWar - Turn based Strategy game - Like RISK!  (Read 8869 times)

atWar is a turn-based strategy game played within the web browser. Being constantly developed by two people and help from the community. Oh yeah, it's also FREE!

Features:
Three different types of in-game currencies used for upgrades, amassing armies, or multiplying your pay-out!
Multiple maps, including player-made maps, being based off of different variety of things, Game of Thrones maps, Galaxy maps, World maps, and more! All these maps come with different units aswell, so your arsenal can be expanded greatly.
Scenarios, countries pitted with each other, and/or against each other! Cold war scenarios, World War 2 scenarios, Alien Invasion!
Universal Leaderboards! See how you're doing against other players and what your rank is.
Three different currency systems! Use three different currencies to upgrade your units, multiply your pay-out, and purchase units in-game to battle the enemy!
Different strategies! There's a decent amount of strategies to choose from which can benefite your units in one way, but also challenge them in another.
Long-Term and Short-Term games! Feel like playing a quick game before going to grandma's funeral? Play a game with turns lasting about one to twelve minutes.
Or maybe you feel like playing for a few weeks? Play a casual game with turns lasting from twelve hours to seventy-two.

Gameplay

Units
Units are those things you use to conquer and fende countries. They cost money though, so be wary of what type to buy, and where to put them.

Militia - Militia are a weak defense unit, they are automatically acquired every time you conquer a city. They are great for defensive perimeters to slow the enemy. Secondary Defense Unit
Infantry - Infantry are much stronger than militia are, but are still meant primarily for defense. They work best for trapping enemies or defending your capitals. Main Defense Unit
Tanks - These babies are one of the strongest attacking units in the game. They can push through militia quite easily and are well matched against infantry. Main Attack Unit
Transport - Boats! This can not defend or attack since it's a transport ship. It can carry 10 units at once without upgrade and can deliver amazing blows if used strategically. Make sure to defend them, they can be sunken easily with units aboard by enemy ships or planes.
Destroyer - The most powerful attack unit, except it's a water vessel. It has better defense and attack then the tank and infantry and can take most island nations with ease. It's only enemy is defense lines.
Bombers - Very maneuverable and excellent at stopping movement. This unit can move the farthest and deals a fair amount of damage. It's only con is it cannot occupy a city.
Air Transport - Virtually the same thing as a normal transport, carries a small payload though.

MONEY!
There are three different currncies in the game. There's SP, ProtoCoins, and the in-game currency used to buy units.

Strategy Points (SP) - This currency is used to buy strategies, different units, and upgrades for said units.
ProtoCoins - You can buy these with real money, with these you can reset your account, double, triple, or quadruple your SP at the end of each game. They're also useful featuring your game on the front page.
In-Game money - This currency is only of value in game. You can use it to buy units. Every turn you either get more or less depending on your economic status. Conquer more countries to increase the amount of money you earn each turn.

Ally of Foe?
You can pick people in game to be your allies and/or friends. They could also be chosen as enemies, declare war with someone, or make them your nemesis, so you'll know when they're online and possibly, in your game.

Allies - Allies are your friends, they'll assist (hopefully) in any way they can. They'll send you money, defend your capitals, or squeeze the enemy from another front. At the end of the game you'll split the SP pool with any of your allies. You can even end the game early if everyone signs and alliance.
Enemies - You have an enemy every time you go into a game unless you make an alliance. They can declare war on people and conquer them for SP and the fun of their rage. Is someone being hard to get or being an ass? Add them to your enemies list, so you'll know if they're online, and if they're in your game.

MORE GAMEPLAY

Links
http://atwar-game.com/r/592196 Main website
http://atwar-game.com/guest/?p=592196 Want to join a guest game right now? Click this.

This was put together rather sloppily. Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:49:30 PM by Ceist »

yus my friend likes this game
we should start a bl group game tomorrow

I've been playing this for a little while, and it's really good.

Just played a europe map. Four people, someone as spain, someone as Russia: Central, and someone as Turkey. I was germany. I immediately expanded outwards, taking Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Czech and Austria. I was the only one using tanks to achieve my conquest, everyone else was using infantry and militia to avoid population casualties.

I got into a war with Turkey, we kept pushing each other back and forth between Slovakia and Hungary. Eventually I used marines and took Greece from him.  He took italy from me in return. Eventually Russia: Central intervened and put an asswhooping into Turkey by taking all his satellites and sending a huge barrage of tanks toward his capital. This gave me enough power to help push turkey out of eastern europe.

Spain started attacking Russia: Central, but ultimately failed. I told him not too, and after attacking him, I pushed towards his capital with large amounts of tanks, taking France, and Portugal, and finally his capital.

good game.

i like it but i want a singleplayer, i'm not very good with interacting with people online in game

i like it but i want a singleplayer, i'm not very good with interacting with people online in game
no worries, you can play by yourself in the map by starting without anyone joining.

i just buttraped Zealot after he wanted to fite me in here. it was a good game tho.

someone play this with me ech

I am always Ukraine. No one can say Ukraine weak.

I am always Ukraine. No one can say Ukraine weak.
Poland is much stronk-er. Makes more money. I generally try to start off in the US. If you have control of north and south america, then you're pretty much unbeatable. Unless someone attacks with maines and submarines.

turkey is op
it has like 4 cities and a ridiculous production

on the other hand, iceland..

let's just say I made the mistake of starting with iceland once.

go ahead and uhh add me as a friend or whatever this game has
http://atwar-game.com/users/profile.php?user_id=622968
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:31:55 AM by Tudoreleu »

turkey is op
it has like 4 cities and a ridiculous production

on the other hand, iceland..

let's just say I made the mistake of starting with iceland once.

go ahead and uhh add me as a friend or whatever this game has
http://atwar-game.com/users/profile.php?user_id=622968
i added you. play with me sometime.

I remember playing this during computer science