Author Topic: avast! is a huge bitch.  (Read 2131 times)

I installed Avast Antivirus the other day when I was reinstalling my OS because I lost my expensive-antivirus-disc and I needed an antivirus. There was a popup that kept annoying me that said "Update avast!" I thought there was a software update so I clicked it, it installed the update, I restarted my computer and what do I see? loving "Avast internet security: 20 days remaining". I am furious now. Discuss stuff

iirc Avast has a 30 day trial, then it has you just put in your email and stuff, then it doesn't require you to do that for another year.

Its no big deal either. I dont think I received very many, if any, emails from them.

Avira is worse. Once I clicked on a link on a trusted website, I knew I didn't have any adware or anything, but rather than bring up the page I requested, it brought up a loving Avira ad.

iirc Avast has a 30 day trial, then it has you just put in your email and stuff, then it doesn't require you to do that for another year.

Its no big deal either. I dont think I received very many, if any, emails from them.
I did that but it did the update thing and it put it into "pay $70 or not be protected" thing, that's avast internet security everyone :( i had the free antivirus

You're doing it all wrong, Register it and pick the free version.

You're doing it all wrong, Register it and pick the free version.

This
You must have done something wrong because I've never had anything like that happen in the last few years I've used Avast

I did that but it did the update thing and it put it into "pay $70 or not be protected" thing, that's avast internet security everyone :( i had the free antivirus
afaik you already have the free antivirus. the free trial is simply a taste of the premium version, then it returns you to regular free avast!.

am i the only one who doesn't have a virus scanner other than windows defender

all i ever get is adware, maybe every 2 months
and even then, adware can be deleted within 15 seconds

no like, it said "application update" and then it turned into paying internet security

no like, it said "application update" and then it turned into paying internet security
That's because you signed up for the bullstuff internet security trial. When the trial expires, you'll have to re-register for their free antivirus.
It's not the program's fault you can't read. Pick up a book.

Ok, went into the update area and did this

Now, did you do the right one? Cause if you did, that there is your problem. You installed the free trial for internet security (Which you never need.)

Just get norton. Although it can sometimes be stuff, it does indeed block DDoS attacks.

Just get norton. Although it can sometimes be stuff, it does indeed block DDoS attacks.

a good example of what not to do

Norton is the clunkiest anti-virus in the world

Just get the free Avast browser plugin for free internet security.

it does indeed block DDoS attacks.
I've never seen Norton itself successfully deny a DDoS attack. Most of this is done on an ISP level.