Hey forums, I bought a ps1. What games should I get?

Author Topic: Hey forums, I bought a ps1. What games should I get?  (Read 3277 times)

for $7 from some place, what games should I get for it?

I had to disinfect it because it smelled like it was owned from an alcoholic

tales of destiny
mega man x4
mega man x5
rascal racers

>buying a PS1 instead of using an emulator on a PC and making the games look somewhat tolerable with AA, 60fps and HD res

What are you, a game collector or something? If you're buying it for playing it, there's not much of a point. 3D games look extremely murky on any TV if you're using the antenna/brown townog connectors whatever they're called.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:16:38 AM by Tonkka² »

>buying a PS1 instead of using an emulator on a PC and making the games look somewhat tolerable with AA, 60fps and HD res

What are you, a game collector or something?
it was $7 and it had two controllers
plus emulators are dumb
If you're buying it for playing it, there's not much of a point. 3D games look extremely murky on any TV if you're using the antenna/brown townog connectors whatever they're called.
$7 and I like collecting stuff like this, I used to a lot
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:18:36 AM by Nal »

it was $7 and it had two controllers
plus emulators are dumb
The recent 2K humble bundle is like 7$.

Emulators can't emulate everything to the brim. The dialog in some of the PS1 harry potter games repeats on an emulator and the Banjo Kazooie screen transition effect doesn't work correctly.

some of the older Final Fantasy games maybe
I can't remember which ones were on the original PlayStation and which were on the PS2.

The recent 2K humble bundle is like 7$.

Emulators can't emulate everything to the brim. The dialog in some of the PS1 harry potter games repeats on an emulator and the Banjo Kazooie screen transition effect doesn't work correctly.
I bought it already :)

loving spyro man
play that game

I bought it already :)
Guess you know something about smart purchases. Personally bought it for Spec Ops: The line, Darkness 2 and XCOM: Declassified. Gifted the rest.

There's apparently some big ass hardware problem in Gen 1 PS1 consoles that causes the components to overheat unless you flip the whole console upside down, so be aware.

There's apparently some big ass hardware problem in Gen 1 PS1 consoles that causes the components to overheat unless you flip the whole console upside down, so be aware.
uh, no
I have a gen 1 PS1, I used to play it a bunch, it's never overheated, it's fine except for the occasional refusal to read an old, scratched up disc.

uh, no
I have a gen 1 PS1, I used to play it a bunch, it's never overheated, it's fine except for the occasional refusal to read an old, scratched up disc.
Googled it and read up on it a bit

apparently this is only true with PS1 SCPH-1001 models