Raising the vehicle limit to something above 20 but realistic.

Poll

What should realistically be the limit for vehicles?

Keep it at 20
6 (22.2%)
Raise it to 40
15 (55.6%)
0 (0%)
3 (11.1%)
Other (Specify in the comments if you wish)
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Raising the vehicle limit to something above 20 but realistic.  (Read 3113 times)

We've all had an issues with the hardcoded vehicle limit, why couldn't we have something bigger but realistic, we all know some servers get around 40 players, so couldn't we bump up the vehicle limit around 40? That would solve quite a lot of frustration.

So what do you guys think? What should the vehicle limit be?

imo just don't have a limit and if someone forgets up their game it's their own fault

imo just don't have a limit and if someone forgets up their game it's their own fault
This is the ideal way to do things, but if this is the case you know some moron will blame Badspot and be a general pain in the ass when his processor catches fire.

Would bring in a whole lot of trolling and malicious properties. Someone could jet far away, spawn in multitudes of vehicles.

Would bring in a whole lot of trolling and malicious properties. Someone could jet far away, spawn in multitudes of vehicles.
Admin menu
clear bricks
name

I think there should not be a limit with the game but still the option to choose one for your server

The limit is in place because the networking can barely support 20 vehicles. 40 would just not work.

A few year ago, I joined Kalphiter 's server has 40 vehciles, I asked him, He said, " I wrote the script for this." I think he never release the add-on, I guess he keep it for himself. I never forget that about that.

"It's abusable" is never a valid reason to dismiss something. If you're going bto do that, half the things in the game are abusable. Someone could make a ton of explosion events

This is the ideal way to do things, but if this is the case you know some moron will blame Badspot and be a general pain in the ass when his processor catches fire.
The vehicle limit is because of network limitations, not processor limitations
Plus any modern computer will automatically shutdown if it gets too hot
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:18:00 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

The only vehicle limit is the one applied to vehicle spawns; there is no actual limit.
Regardless, not even 20 is a realistic limit for vehicle spawns—the game barely manages 15 vehicles.

What about being able to set a vehicle limit per player?

I don't remember exactly when it was, but I'm thinking in v20, I was able to get vehicles above 20 (I don't remember what I was tampering with, but I put the limit at 50) when I was trying to build a car rental facility.  I don't have the save anymore because it's on a crashed computer, but it had eight vehicles on the showroom floor and sixteen out in the lot.

i support raising the limit in the sense that badspot fixes the stuffty netcode and makes it so the game can handle more than 20 vehicles.

i support raising all the limits in the sense that badspot fixes the stuffty engine and makes it so the game can handle everything like a half-decent engine.
this is a very large exaggeration of my opinion, do not take it seriously

wouldn't the hardest thing about switching to a new engine just be the brick stuff? the oct tree, I think? whatever it is that hides the faces you can't see
I mean, I don't know a whole lot about game engines. but almost everything else in the game already exists in other engines, in better forms
even T3D seems like it would be a lot better, and it still uses the same language, right?

like, I know it's not actually gonna happen or anything. but hypothetically, would it actually be that hard??