Author Topic: How to: drama  (Read 7913 times)

Drama's purpose is to identify problem users. Whining about how so-and-so hurt your feelings on a lego game? You think that's the purpose? I don't think so.
no
Drama is here for drama
it was made to contain drama between users
there's no discrimination over what kind of drama, specifically

Right. So let's be mature about that drama.
We can still have drama without looking like imbeciles by calling others names only to make ourselves feel better.

I didn't say drama has a limit. My point is that in general a lot of the topics could be made with a little more thought and maturity

You've got a point there, Adin.

To be honest I'd rather have organized, supported drama than reality shows.

Right. So let's be mature about that drama.

I think this is your fallacy. The nature of drama is inherently childish. The mature response to annoying users is to ignore them or confront them directly about their actions in an unaggressive way. Posting a topic in drama is the internet equivalent to throwing a temper tantrum, even if you have good support and facts that puts the user in the wrong.

Why is this not stickied yet?

This is great, but there needs to be a chapter explaining how to reply to dramas so people (like me) don't end up derailing the tread accidentally, or have people reply with walls and roofs of text.
Other than that, this is the Bible of Drama.

This is great, but there needs to be a chapter explaining how to reply to dramas so people (like me) don't end up derailing the tread accidentally, or have people reply with walls and roofs of text.
Other than that, this is the Bible of Drama.
Step 1: Don't imitate Snaked_Snake
Step 2: There is no step 2 :D

Step 1: Don't imitate Snaked_Snake
Step 2: There is no step 2 :D
Was that necessary?

Was that necessary?

Are you necessary?

Anyways, whats the big deal if he makes a How to drama thread?

Was that necessary?
And just like that, Snaked derails the drama thread.
Nice prediction AdinX!

Why is this not stickied yet?
because this isnt a contest to have some perfect looking drama thread

post a thread on who is being a twit with a few pics and thats the end of it. no need to turn this into an einstein project. frankly i find these 'professionally organised' drama threads annoying as hell to read.

Thought i should contribute another little thing that helps a lot.

An alternative to posting 10 uncropped screenshots containing 8 lines of chat in each picture is to do the following:

Go into your Options [CTRL + O] - click the [Advanced] tab, scroll down to GUI options and look for "Max Chat Lines"

Change the number depending on your game resolution - Usually 48 chat lines can fit a 1920x1080 client.

Press [Page Up] to change the text box so it shows as many recent messages as it can - You can also press it up again to view the previous messages before that.

This is what 48 chat lines looks, in one screenshot.

(sorry avik buildartist for using your thread as an example)