Should Blockland be supported on Linux?

Poll

Should Blockland be on Linux?

Of Course Yes
No
Maybe
I'm not sure.....

Author Topic: Should Blockland be supported on Linux?  (Read 8818 times)

Those people, who hate on Linux probably never used it or are just a bunch of incompetent handicaps who aren't able to switch from Windows to Linux for whatever reason :) I commiserate with those poor creatures.
I agree

The only reason the linux drivers for opengl and the sorts run faster is because valve pushed the developers at amd, nvidia, intel, etc to make them better so the source engine could run better on there. They may have made l4d run faster (315 fps on a test), but don't forget the sentence that followed right after:

303 isnt 315 but its certainly much better than 270, and at the time the windows drivers weren't even supposed to be worked on- so perhaps if nvidia/amd/etc focused purely on windows with the same problems they encountered with the linux drivers, it's drivers would be up to par with linux's, too. The only reason I can think of that makes shaders run better on linux is because of the compilers are different, but those are built in with the drivers, so its not the fault of the OS which determines what runs faster- its the driver developers.

Someone should run blockland on windows and linux and brown townyze the generated shader assembly to see how different it is.

Well, it's an imperfect comparison anyway. Source Engine runs on DirectX for Windows, which isn't supported on Linux so they had to port the drawing to OpenGL. Blockland (and for that matter all Torque games) are optimized for OGL, so they take advantage of Linux' OGL superiority from the get-go. I'll run a Blockland-style Win/Linux benchmark on my computer later, but I am too lazy and have too many projects open right now to bother switching partitions.

Command prompt. Command prompt.
......and? What do you need it for?

"wahh wahh i dont like why other people are using an os i hate for absolutely no reason wahh"

seriously, arguing about reasons to use an operating system is just stupid

this is not the linux debate thread, you guys. seriously.

"wahh wahh i dont like why other people are using an os i hate for absolutely no reason wahh"

seriously, arguing about reasons to use an operating system is just stupid

this is not the linux debate thread, you guys. seriously.
I know right. This is a post saying if Blockland should be supported on Linux, but idiots like "cough" "cough" Taboo "cough" "cough" started arguing about Linux and it's distros.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:50:45 PM by blocklandman0815 »