Tomodachi Life Megathread - Text to Speech lovin'

Author Topic: Tomodachi Life Megathread - Text to Speech lovin'  (Read 12166 times)

North American logo - left  European logo - right

What is Tomodachi Life?
''Tomodachi Life, known in Japan as Tomodachi Collection: New Life (トモダチコレクション 新生活 Tomodachi Korekushon: Shin Seikatsu?), is a life simulation handheld video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS. . The game, which is a direct sequel to the Japan-exclusive Nintendo DS title, Tomodachi Collection, was released on April 18, 2013 in Japan, June 6, 2014 in North America and Europe, and June 7, 2014 in Australia.''

Gameplay
''The game takes place on an island inhabited by various Miis, which the player can import from their 3DS or 2DS or other devices, or QR codes, or create from scratch using the 3DS' camera or the in-game creation tools. These Miis can be given their own voice, which is spoken in vocal synthesizer software, and a unique personality based on slider inputs given. Miis can then perform various actions, such as eating, trying on different outfits, falling in love with someone, and doing many leisurely activities. As more Miis are introduced, many strange and curious interactions can occur between Miis, such as friendship, rivalry, bizarre musical numbers, etc.''

You can also scan and create QR codes of Miis and place them on your island. (Post QR codes if you have any please!)

Players and QR Codes

ChappersTeddy - QR Codes: None yet

Hansome dude - QR Codes:

WaffleCake - QR Codes: None yet

Crispy- QR Codes: None yet

Click on the ''quote author'' to see the QR codes
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:28:34 AM by ChappersTeddy »

"smeg"

vinesauce has a ton of good tomodachi life videos and they're hillarious.

So I got an e-mail from Nintendo giving me a download code for Tomodachi Life: Welcome Version, which is basically a demo, that lets you create up to 3 characters (it makes you create 2 during it) and you can solve 5 problems total for your islanders.

After that you can't earn any more money, or solve problems. You can gift your people what you have, but that's about it.
And you get a unique panda outfit (the colour is randomly chosen per game it seems).
And if you buy the full version you can load your Welcome Version save, and have the same characters.

I tried it for a half hour last night, and it was alright. I didn't seem to have much to do in it, and the demo was very limiting (and one of my Miis spent the night asleep so I could only interact with one).

I've heard that it's a good wacky game, but does have minimal player input.
The price on the UK Nintendo eShop is £34.99, which isn't too cheap really (but the eShop pretty much never lowers it's prices on Nintendo's own 3DS games).
Game.co.uk sells it for £34.99 for a physical copy too, but apparantly £29.99 for a download.

I think I'll probably sit on the idea for a while before I buy it. I'm in two minds about the game, and I don't want to bleed money over it.
Plus, I got distracted from and neglected Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and I feel that AC had more content, or at least more interaction. So I don't want to buy this and then find it a waste of money.

im getting this game

Here, I got a QR code for me.

Here's one for Garfield to make garvok or something.

Add me into your islands.

thanks!
Game.co.uk sells it for £34.99 for a physical copy too, but apparantly £29.99 for a download.
I bought a physical copy for 34.99. I'm happy I did so because I just accidently messed up my SD card and the downloaded version would mess up
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:53:45 AM by ChappersTeddy »

you should use the european logo

isn't this the third megathread or am i going crazy

isn't this the third megathread or am i going crazy
i was just about to say this
stop reading my mind

here are the other 2
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:56:53 PM by WaffleCake »

I have an android character and he was the first to get married
he produced offspring
dear god those eyes

Kim Jong-Un and Two Faced (Who can be seen in some of Vinny's videos) had a baby on my file.
My Mom is married to Hank Hill and I'm also currently dating lamb chop.

is it bad that my personal mii is dating my oc
they got set up

you should use the european logo
i can't find a transparent version

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:33:34 AM by Daswiruch »