51 Dead in Another Plane Crash. EDIT: Yet Another Crash!

Author Topic: 51 Dead in Another Plane Crash. EDIT: Yet Another Crash!  (Read 3176 times)

snip
Well, that how some people are. If something specifically doesn't happen to you, or someone you know, but it happens to other people, then you feel sorry for them and probably forget about the event for a week or two. Though you can really sympathize with them because it didn't happen to you or your family. On the other hand if you experienced something like that, then you could be more sympathetic to the situation, and probably help them through it.

It's like 9/11, if it wasn't the first time something like that happened then people wouldn't make as much of a big deal about it, but it was a huge event and people still talk about to this day and probably in future history books.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:30:51 AM by Benjamin Lopez »

Well, that how some people are. If something specifically doesn't happen to you, or someone you know, but it happens to other people, then you feel sorry for them and probably forget about the event for a week or two. Though you can really sympathize with them because it didn't happen to you or your family. On the other hand if you experienced something like that, then you could be more sympathetic to the situation, and probably help them through it.
I realise this. I'm not saying I'm any different because I haven't experienced a loss to an event like this and in 2 weeks from now I'm pretty certain it's not going to be the main thing on my mind either but it is most certainly not a cause for jokes about the issue even if a person doesn't really feel any sympathy for them and this is just another news story. I do know that this is how some people are but frankly it just disgusts me.

I realise this. I'm not saying I'm any different because I haven't experienced a loss to an event like this and in 2 weeks from now I'm pretty certain it's not going to be the main thing on my mind either but it is most certainly not a cause for jokes about the issue even if a person doesn't really feel any sympathy for them and this is just another news story. I do know that this is how some people are but frankly it just disgusts me.
What exactly is wrong about joking about death?

Well at least it wasn't more people
...It doesn't matter if it wasn't a lot of people. People still died, that's what matters.

...It doesn't matter if it wasn't a lot of people. People still died, that's what matters.

What exactly is wrong about joking about death?
Pretty sure I already gave my opinion on that. Simply put in my opinion 51 people dying in a plane crash today while people who are close to them are crying that they will never see them again is just not something to be joking about.

That's actually really sad :/ I hope this is the last one.

That's actually really sad :/ I hope this is the last one.

BREAKING NEWS: ANOTHER Plane Crash in Mumbo Jumbo, Arkansas kills 240 people

Pretty sure I already gave my opinion on that. Simply put in my opinion 51 people dying in a plane crash today while people who are close to them are crying that they will never see them again is just not something to be joking about.
If your reasoning is that it is disrespectful, then good luck living your live in a manner where no one is disrespected. (This includes people who have no way of knowing you are disrespecting them.)

If your reasoning is "what if it happened to you," I dunno. I'm probably more likely to die/have my family die in a car crash than in a plane, it doesn't stop me from riding in cars.

Ultimately, you are probably doing more to make people feel bad by telling people not to make puns than the people making puns.

I think its safe to say Asians are stuff drivers as well as stuff pilots.
well that explains kamikazes

I don't get why people seem to have a compulsion to feel sorry for absolutely every human loss no matter if you knew the people who died or not.

hundreds of humans die every day, if you insist to feel sad for every life lost, your life will be nothing but an 80 year stretch of chronic depression.

It might be that i was at one point that way, but just stopped caring after i realized that there will never be a stop to the death of humans.

I hope this is the last one.
*sickering*

i'm not against people making fun of death. that's okay. but im sick of the same overused jokes for these scenarios