Author Topic: SimGroup Trust Errors  (Read 935 times)

After testing a terrain generator on my server yesterday, I noticed that players weren't able to hammer bricks that were generated or planted by players on generated bricks (most were connected to the ground). These are the errors we would receive in the consoles (same error comes up when using the wrench):

Code: [Select]
ERROR: getTrustLevel() - trust levels between 40244 and 3195 are assymetrical.
BackTrace: ->hammerImage::onFire->hammerImage::onHitObject->getTrustLevel

ERROR: SimGroup::getTrustFailureMessage(Chunk_-256_-64 [939169]) - brickgroup is not in the main brick group
BackTrace: ->hammerImage::onFire->hammerImage::onHitObject->GameConnection::sendTrustFailureMessage->SimGroup::getTrustFailureMessage

The add-on works by creating another brickgroup (added to the mainBrickGroup) for chunk simgroups, and then adds the chunk simgroups to the parent simgroup. The chunk simgroups are given methods that the normal player brickgroups would have, except I noticed that potentialtrust methods are not added to the chunks, which might be causing the issue, but I'm not sure. Also, both generated bricks and players' bricks are added to the relative chunk simgroups, instead of their own brickgroups. Any help on resolving this is appreciated!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:14:24 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

The problem is with the potentialTrust fields, as you guessed.

However, what is the purpose of making each chunk its own brickgroup? This destroys the default brickgroup system and will break a good deal of add-ons. Make each chunk a SimSet instead, and leave bricks in their proper brickgroups.

Make each chunk a SimSet instead, and leave bricks in their proper brickgroups.

Stole the words out of my mouth.

The problem is with the potentialTrust fields, as you guessed.

However, what is the purpose of making each chunk its own brickgroup? This destroys the default brickgroup system and will break a good deal of add-ons. Make each chunk a SimSet instead, and leave bricks in their proper brickgroups.
Okay, I would actually prefer not to make them separate brickgroups, I just wasn't sure how to handle the chunks. But, I set it up so that bricks are now kept in their brickgroups, and generated bricks are added to the host's (or the public) brickgroup. They are also added to corresponding chunk simsets, so it seems to be working fine now; thanks for the help.