Author Topic: Instantly bashed by Brickman  (Read 6893 times)

earlier today i joined pass' server to see what was up, just a dev server.
I was interested.

I saw Brickman was there, and he's pretty cool I guess, I was thinking about saying hi but he started typing first so I let him say what he had to say. He brings up the game MYST, which obviously my name is based off of. I played it when I was younger and I genuinely enjoyed it...

and apparently he had a problem with that.

and apparently twente is there just because

Brickman acts like I put some old pc videogame on a high pedestal, above everything else.
He brings up Call of Duty, which in my honest opinion I hate, and says I put MYST above CoD, which I never said.

I never said half of the crap he brings up in the chat, and I don't understand what they're points were.
this wasn't the end of it either, they just keep going on and on back and forth with eachother while I sat there saying nothing. they kept trying to argue with me for literally no reason.

I just ended up leaving because I didn't understand why they were acting this way towards me.

I genuinely have lost any respect for you two.

gotta be trolling
no mortal could be as stupid and as much of a prick as them

does this seriously warrant a drama? that someone was joking with you?

Since when was trolling okay? Of course there's a problem here, and yes, it's plenty worth a drama thread. When someone's being an starfish towards you for seemingly random and idiotic reasons, that's not okay, and any normal person would want to complain about it.

does this seriously warrant a drama? that someone was joking with you?
He clearly wasn't joking with myst. Maybe it was a joke between Brickman and Twente, but it was just sticking words in myst's mouth and then insulting him on the grounds of it.
Taboo is perfectly correct.

This was trolling, plain and simple. myst wasn't in on this big joke, and it was quite easy to view it as an unwarranted attack on myst.

i... guess?

Brick was loving with him, sure, but he wasn't attacking myst, he was badmouthing the video game myst

i've known brickman for a long time, this is just something he does for fun. he didn't mean anything by it.

i know they were trolling

and thats why ive just lost respect for them.

this is just something he does for fun.
Repeatedly being an starfish as a hobby does not make it okay to be an starfish.

doesnt bl count as an old pc game also

He clearly wasn't joking with myst. Maybe it was a joke between Brickman and Twente, but it was just sticking words in myst's mouth and then insulting him on the grounds of it.
Taboo is perfectly correct.

This was trolling, plain and simple. myst wasn't in on this big joke, and it was quite easy to view it as an unwarranted attack on myst.
yeah you're right, it was a joke between me and twente, but I don't see how it warrented a drama. granted, I'm the offender so I'm totally biased, but it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. It's not like I was trying to make other people think less of him in some sort of way.
the only reason it seems like it's a big deal now is because there's a drama topic about it, and it's like a whole thing now.

If other people were in the server and realized that I was trolling him I doubt someone would tell me to stop, because they would realize it's a joke and then suddenly they're in on it too. Myst didn't realize it was a joke, so me and twente ran with it.
i know they were trolling

and thats why ive just lost respect for them.
You can lose respect for me, but I don't understand why you would.

I didn't make a joke towards you to show I don't have respect for you. I just did it to make a joke between me and twente. I wouldn't take it to heart, Myst. I certainly didn't mean for it to be as big of a deal as you seem to think that it is.

Repeatedly being an starfish as a hobby does not make it okay to be an starfish.
My intentions were not to offend him, but to joke about it with twente and anybody else in on the joke. I don't mean it as anything past friendly banter. I'm also not going to stop this behavior in the future. Up until now, everyone that I've done it to laughs it off and doesn't make a drama topic about it, because they realize I wasn't trying to offend them and takes it as the joke that it was instead of as an attack on themselves.

It isn't my fault that Myst misinterpreted that.
doesnt bl count as an old pc game also
i don't actually have any opinions on myst the game or call of duty

I see no indication anywhere of you joking; you need to learn what a joke is.

I see no indication anywhere of you joking; you need to learn what a joke is.
well he was

regardless of indication

well he was

regardless of indication
well he sucks at joking