Why doesn't the forum have spoiler boxes?

Author Topic: Why doesn't the forum have spoiler boxes?  (Read 1177 times)

It seems like a lot of other forums have them, so why doesn't this one have any, it would be good for megathreads.

it'd be convenient, but in the mean time, you can make your own using block characters and alt text

██████████████
(^hover mouse over this)

[color=transparent]You can do this.[/color]

I think that toggle boxes are a lot more useful than the other stuff because you can section off stuff instead of having one super long post to scroll past/look through.

it'd be convenient, but in the mean time, you can make your own using block characters and alt text

██████████████
(^hover mouse over this)
[color=transparent]You can do this.[/color]
This isn't what I'm asking, the point of spoiler boxes is to take up less space

This isn't what I'm asking, the point of spoiler boxes is to take up less space
I think the point of spoiler boxes is to hide spoilers. What your suggesting not its intended purpose.

I think the point of spoiler boxes is to hide spoilers. What your suggesting not its intended purpose.
Theyre used commonly on other forums to hide image dumps, patch notes, and archive dl links for game mods without disturbing the OP

Theyre used commonly on other forums to hide image dumps, patch notes, and archive dl links for game mods without disturbing the OP
It what they are used for but not the point of them.

It what they are used for but not the point of them.
The original use of a car was for travel, but people also use them recreationally.

Who cares? Spoiler tags are such a useful thing for hiding spoilers AND image dumps, patch notes, and archive dl links etc.

because we is broke brother

██████████████
(^hover mouse over this)
actually, that's brilliant
instead of having a huge white gap in your post, you can just indicate a black box to hover over for what you're saying

also smf may not support spoiler boxes that can collapse

Sometimes i wish the forum had spoiler tags so that i could do some image dumps without creating a massive page stretch. Also, instead of snipping, you can quote someones large post and spoiler it so that people can see it right there.

And of course use it for spoilers.

SMF does, its just a mod. steves old forum used to have it and so do other forums i've been on that uses smf also.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:06:37 PM by Ninja Decoy »

The original use of a car was for travel, but people also use them recreationally.

Who cares? Spoiler tags are such a useful thing for hiding spoilers AND image dumps, patch notes, and archive dl links etc.
I mean that he shouldn't say the point of it is to have things take up less space,
██████████████
This is what he asked for, but it can't take up less space.

actually, that's brilliant
instead of having a huge white gap in your post, you can just indicate a black box to hover over for what you're saying

black boxes dose not work on phones