Author Topic: [dB] dotBlock Studios - "Set the world ablaze!"  (Read 18546 times)

photo cred. to taboo

"dotBlock studios is a clan dedicated to creating art in Blockland, mixing various mediums in order to create a new, innovative gallery experience."

||||

:
[7-30-14] Dragonslayer has been added as a photographer and Meineken has been added as a Builder (structure). Flame has been added as a Digital Artist

[7-31-14] Alternative and Doomonkey have been added as Builders (structure)

[7-30-14] siba has been added as a Modeler(bricks)

[7-30-14] Furdle has been added as a Builder(Structure)

[7-30-14] Pass has been added as a Modeler

[7-28-14] Clan is created

:
A Field is a specific type of art that dB is looking for. There are many more Fields here that are not listed, and as dB grows more may be added in the future. Applying to a certain field means that you enjoy producing that type of art and will produce art in that field for dB. However, it does not mean that you are bolted down to just that Field; rather, it's like choosing your major. The longer you're in a Field, and the more you excel at it, the more benefits you will gain, IE having an entire gallery room commissioned for just your show.

• Building
    • Structure: conventional building in Blockland. Structure builders are pivotal in the creation and maintainment of the Gallery as well as creating the build around it. Structure builders are expected to be able to build at a high-level.
    • Sculpture: using bricks, and their many abilities, to create interesting builds that aren't just houses or cities. Sculptors are people who can create interesting installation or works on a larger or smaller scale for the Gallery.

• Photography: taking photographs inside Blockland, that can be displayed as prints. A skilled photographer is expected to use all visual aspects of blockland to create interesting photographs

• Modeling: using 3d modeling to create interesting models in Blockland. Modelers are able to create models that aren't just practical but more abstract.

• Digital Art: using the computer to create art. Digital artists are important to dotBlock for creating art for the server and other productions

:

Applying to dotBlock is simple, though each field has a different procedure

For Structure, some pictures of your application and a save are expected. A in-server interview along with your build will then commence, in which a contributor will judge your build.

For Sculpture, a portfolio is required, which in this case is a collection of 4-8 sculptures that show your aptitude for the medium. A in-server interview along with all of your sculptures will then commence, in which a contributor judges all of your sculptures. If you choose to do one larger installation, such as something along the lines of VerticalHorizon's Festung de Schwarzung, this is also acceptable

For Modeling, a number of selected works is required(either pictures or 3D visualizations). A contributor will then judge said works

For Photography, a portfolio of 5-10 high-quality pictures is required. A contributor will then judge the images based on their quality and how they use in-game visual effects, rather than post-production.

For Digital Art, a portfolio similar to the photography portfolio [5-10 digital art pictures] is required, however your aptitude can be judges in other ways- for instance, a website layout you created, or a banner. A contributor will judge your selected works.

Anti-Block [ID:4119]
Head of dotBlock

Builder
Alternative [ID:4121]
Interior Design

Builder
Brickman [ID:4137]
Head of Sculpture

Builder
Doomonkey [ID:5193]
Structure

Builder
Dragonslayer132 [ID:29341]
Photographer

Photography
Pass [ID:380]
Head of Modeling

Modeler
Meineken [ID:12866]
Head of Structure

Builder
Flamecannon [ID:6169]
Head of Digital Art

Digital

The Gallery is one of dotBlock's main projects. It is to be a massive art gallery/studio space that will be home to all of the clan's creations, as well as other people's work. Hopefully, in the future, the gallery will be located on a dedicated server running 24/7 so anyone may come and look at the pieces people have created.

There is still plenty to do, so stay tuned for more progress

UPDATE: [8-5-14]

Meineken. Anti Block. goin ham on this build all day. that's what's up. Doom was there as well

(Scroll over the icons to see who has contributed to the Gallery thus far)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:39:10 PM by Camel »

Anti-Block [ID:4119]
Head of dotBlock
[7-29-14]
"Hello world! So i finally got around to making a clan, something i've wanted to do for years. This is just gonna be a little bulletin board with notices and such. I know things may be a little messy right now, and maybe a bit confusing, but i'm still ironing out some of the problems in the OP. Please stick around, because i hope to get a team and accomplish some real cool things with dB"

« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:52:58 PM by Camel »

Red Dwarfers declare war

"you stole or color scheme!"

Red Dwarfers declare war

"you stole or color scheme!"
yeah okay

check your inbox anti

hopefully this becomes the next big clan, and who knows! maybe spo and dotBlock can work together some day!!!

Good luck being awesome.

would like to apply as a Sculpture builder (brick vehicles and such) but I'm not sure if Camel's opinion of me is negative or positive..

I love making Abstract art

I'd like to make some stuff Right infront of the judges

hopefully this becomes the next big clan, and who knows! maybe spo and dotBlock can work together some day!!!
even if it doesn't become big, i intend on keeping it alive, that's for sure.

in terms of working with other clans, once we've got our own stuff sorted out, for sure.
would like to apply as a Sculpture builder (brick vehicles and such) but I'm not sure if Camel's opinion of me is negative or positive..
i don't like your attitude, but im not gonna deny that you're a good builder, and if you apply i'll give you the same shake as any other person- there is no prejudice in the application process
I love making Abstract art

I'd like to make some stuff Right infront of the judges
come to the server whenever you can, show me what you got

Hmm alright, shall I apply here or make a new topic or PM?

Hmm alright, shall I apply here or make a new topic or PM?
if you're applying for sculpture, you'll need a picture portfolio of 4-8 smaller sculptures, or a bigger sculpture. If that gets the greenlight, come to my server