Blockland Save Repository

Author Topic: Blockland Save Repository  (Read 5200 times)

Check out http://blocklandsaves.com.

As many of you have noticed, there's a lot of drama threads on the forums about how people are 'stealing builds' and many users have suggested that the easiest way to remedy this problem is to never post your saves on the gallery. In reality, that's actually a pretty bad idea since the only way that new players can learn to build great is by looking at other people's work. Additionally, posting your work on the gallery immortalizes it and gives you a timestamp you can use to prove that your work is original. Unfortunately, some of the best builds posted in the gallery do not include a save, and the ones that do are hard to find using the forum's search engine.

I think that the easiest way to fix this problem is to have a place where people can post links to saves, and I can include them in the OP with a picture, download, and link to the original gallery thread. Hopefully by doing this, players will be encouraged to publicize their work instead of just taking pictures and keeping the save 'secret'. That way builders can take apart good builds and learn from them, and hopefully the community will benefit as a whole.

If you want to help, search for gallery threads of good builds that include a save along with them. Then, post them in this thread. If you are a builder, make a gallery thread for your build with the save and then post a link to the thread here. I will not include/exclude builds based on quality, but in the interest of keeping the thread organized and readable, it's a better idea to post larger builds instead of props and furniture.

Saves:

Name:Author:Picture:Download:
Collab CityBushido and EksiCity_Collab14.bls
Tree                 SeventhSandwichtree.bls
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:24:45 AM by SeventhSandwich »

reserved. hopefully the first post will become big enough that I need this second one.

go on blockland saves and repost links

How bout Entropy Manor
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=257067.0

Has all the extra addons needed archived as well.
Edit: Might need an extra tab on your saves list entitled "Add-ons"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:10:07 AM by Mr.Noßody »

This is nice idea, but I guess, the website, about that are talking those guys will be more useful, than just forums topic.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:10:16 AM by Halmet »

I'd post some of mine, but the add-on list would be larger than the actual save file.
Also this might be handy.

Is that clan dead?
Seems like it, haven't hear for them for over a year. Didn't really take off I guess.