Poll

Do you support the death penalty?

Yes.
Only if the person is an ongoing danger to society.
No.

Author Topic: Death Penalty - Ye or Ne? - also why terrorists are better than murderers  (Read 9938 times)

My mother is a Capital Trial Death Penalty Defense attorney. She defends Flash Mobers and sometimes serial killers, and usually gets them life in prison instead of death.

I'm just curious, what do you guys think of the death penalty? Ye or ne?

---

I think it's disgusting for the government to kill anyone. The USA is the only first world country in which the death penalty is legal, and it shows. The death penalty rarely helps anything and is usually just a mechanic for people to get revenge on murderers.

Also here's my reason why I think murderers are worse than terrorists:
Terrorists honestly believe what they are doing is right. They have a religious conviction to do what they do, and they have often been raised by their society to do such things. They think they are doing what their god wants. Obviously not very many people agree with them.

Serial killers and murders know what they are doing is wrong. They know they are evil. They are killing for personal gain or out of anger. They have no excuse.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:24:08 PM by McZealot »

I honestly don't know which is worse. Being put to death or living in some prison for the rest of your life.

I like the title copy

I think it's disgusting for the government to kill anyone. The USA is the only first world country in which the death penalty is legal, and it shows. The death penalty rarely helps anything and is usually just a mechanic for people to get revenge on murderers.
This, and that the death penalty is more expensive than life in prison, despite popular belief.

I like the title copy
seriously?

OT: If they constantly keep committing heinous crimes against society multiple times, they should be executed, because it's obvious by then they aren't going to change.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:14:34 PM by Benjamin Lopez »

This, so much. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this way.

I'd rather drown in bleach then live my whole life in prison.

This, and that the death penalty is more expensive than life in prison, despite popular belief.
i don't think a line of guys with guns would cost so much

i don't think a line of guys with guns would cost so much
Do some research on the subject, you'd be surprised by what you'll find.

I think the death penalty should be practiced under the appropriate moral circumstances of the crime and perpetrator of the crime. For major crimes, there is no reason why we shouldn't order the death penalty under some people. Why waste tax-payer money to keep soulless monsters in jail for life when we can put them down and that'd be the end of them? An example of a major crime: a student murders 12 of his fellow students, his brother, his mom, and his teacher. Are you saying that someone like this deserves a place in this world?

Death Penalty isn't something that people should just deal out willy nilly, it's a serious punishment for a crime and it shouldn't be dealt out to first offenders of the law.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:41:39 PM by Benjamin Lopez »

whats the point of someone going to jail for life

>being boiled alive is new death penalty
>murders decrease by 50%

Reasons why no-no on the death penalty

The government shouldn't have the right to kill you.

Death penalty does not deter crime.

Death penalty on average costs more than a life sentence due to legal costs.

It's inhumane, and falls underneath things that are banned by the 8th amendment due to being a cruel and unusual punishment for the following reasons:

4% of people executed are innocent

It violates your 14th amendment rights: the law must apply equally to all groups. All criminals convicted of non-capital crimes are allowed to appeal the sentence at any time, even after the sentence is performed. For death row inmates, they cannot appeal the sentence after it's handed down.