Poll

Do you support the death penalty?

Yes.
Only if the person is an ongoing danger to society.
No.

Author Topic: Death Penalty - Ye or Ne? - also why terrorists are better than murderers  (Read 9598 times)

I sort of think that the Penalty is more of a thing that someone gets killed because they are to dangerous to society then a punishment  

Not all problems are treatable, I know that. But if they have a true mental condition, they shouldn't be killed for that.
Well, it doesn't matter if it's only 20 years, he's never going free because this was too big of a case for him to be set free. He killed too many, and in a spectacular way.
That's a huge if right there.
If someone killed 25 people for the fun of it, and it's been proven that they don't have anything truly wrong with their brain, they would be considered insane. You're saying people like that shouldn't be killed?

If someone killed 25 people for the fun of it, and it's been proven that they don't have anything truly wrong with their brain, they would be considered insane. You're saying people like that shouldn't be killed?
they should be tossed in a cell and have their limbs beaten to a pulp so they struggle to move each day.

>norway
>longest sentence is 27 years
"Most murderers in Norway spend just 14 years behind bars."
- Norway Has Some Of The Lowest Murder Rates In The World: In 2009, Norway had .6 intentional homicides per 100,000 people. In the same year, the United States had 5 murders per 100,000 people, meaning that the U.S. proportionally has 8 times as many homicides.
- Norway’s Incarceration Rate Is A Fraction Of That Of The United States: 71 out of every 100,000 Norwegian citizens is incarcerated. In the United States, 743 out of every 100,000 citizens was incarcerated in 2009. The U.S. has the world’s highest incarceration rate.
- Norway’s Prisoner Recidivism Rate Is Much Lower Than The United States’: The recidivism rate for prisoners in Norway is around 20 percent. Meanwhile, it’s estimated that 67 percent of America’s prisoners are re-arrested and 52 percent are re-incarcerated.

Muslim, I hope you realize too that Norway is much smaller in proportion to the United States in terms of population.

Ye
ye ye

we should have more cruel ways too yes

Death is too easy. A proper punishment, aside from being painful enough in a way to make a person learn not to do it again, should involve some form of repayment to better the community/people they wronged. I like prisons that attempt rehabilitation programs.

Yeah, some people are beyond rehabilitation, but these special cases should still be treated humanely.

Doesn't stop them from treating him like a king in prison.

http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1989083_2137372,00.html
Uh, that's not where he's incarcerated. That's Halden prison. Breivik is in Ila high-security prison.

I'm saying no one should be killed, especially those with mental issues.

People think of murderers like they're the embodiment of Satan and that they did it for the fun of it, they never dig deeper into their past and look for what may have caused it. That's what annoys me.

Ok, you have people that know what they did and don't give a stuff. But I still firmly believe no one has the right to kill anyone, regardless of what they did.

Death is too easy. A proper punishment, aside from being painful enough in a way to make a person learn not to do it again, should involve some form of repayment to better the community/people they wronged. I like prisons that attempt rehabilitation programs.

Yeah, some people are beyond rehabilitation, but these special cases should still be treated humanely.

For a horrific crime, doing 'yard work' in repayment for your crimes is far from being appropriate for a severe offender.

they should be tossed in a cell and have their limbs beaten to a pulp so they struggle to move each day.
I probably laughed harder then I should've

People think of murderers like they're the embodiment of Satan and that they did it for the fun of it, they never dig deeper into their past and look for what may have caused it. That's what annoys me.

Ok, you have people that know what they did and don't give a stuff. But I still firmly believe no one has the right to kill anyone, regardless of what they did.
Because why else would someone kill another person? If they didn't have anything wrong with them from the beginning then why else did they kill someone? Of course this isn't the case for most murderers, but there are more people out there who are sadistic then you think. Why would someone waste there time with a some sicko who just killed 25 people? I know I sure as hell wouldn't, 1. Because I have more useful things to spend my time on 2. I wouldn't even full safe around the damn guy, especially not safe enough to sit down across from him or something for hours.

There shouldn't be mercy on people who committed a heinous crime, it's wrong morally and practically. If the judge or whoever decided that they go to prison for this long, or if they die, then that's what's going to happen. This shouldn't be the same with children of course, because if a child under the age of 15 or 16 killed someone on purpose something may truly be wrong with them.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:43:22 PM by Benjamin Lopez »

Uh, that's not where he's incarcerated. That's Halden prison. Breivik is in Ila high-security prison.

Still. He's in prison. He's given access to video games and a computer. The prison he's in, the Ila prison is still heaven compared to prisons in the US.

There are decent people out there that don't have either. It's outrageous because a terrorist like him gets to live a decent life while there are other people who haven't done anything near as bad and they're struggling to survive.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:47:19 PM by Biostorm »

For a horrific crime, doing 'yard work' in repayment for your crimes is far from being appropriate for a severe offender.
And beating them to a pulp, keeping them starved until death or just outright killing them is?

And beating them to a pulp, keeping them starved until death or just outright killing them is?
If they've done it many times in the past, and so no sign of changing their ways then yes.

Because why else would someone kill another person? If they didn't have anything wrong with them from the beginning then why else did they kill someone? Of course this isn't the case for most murderers, but there are more people out there who are sadistic then you think.
People don't necessarily have to have anything wrong with them to kill. They can be perfectly sane, that's the scary part.

Still. He's in prison. He's given access to video games. The prison he's in, the Ila prison is still heaven compared to prisons in the US.
I'm pretty sure most prisons in Europe are like that. I mean, can you even have a TV in your cell in the US?

I support the death penalty.