Author Topic: African Ebola coming to U.S.  (Read 5194 times)

WAIT the United States of America is a continent?

WAIT the United States of America is a continent?
Obviously.

We're all screwed

Ebola isn't very contagious. There's a reason it hasn't become a global pandemic, and that's because it is inefficient at spreading. As scary as the disease itself is, it's in no position to wipe out humanity.

The Spanish Flu wiped out 50 to 100 million people, similar to the Black Death's 50 to 200 million deaths.

The difference is:

The Black Death did it in 200 years during the Middle Ages, with little to no medicinal defenses in 1346-1353 AD.

The Spanish Flu did it in 2 years, up against a much tougher crowd, on the dawn of modern medicine during WWI.

--------------
Ebola's total, from the very first recorded outbreak in 1976 to now:

1,590 people dead or so.
--------------

So relax and have excellent hygiene.

The Black Death did it in 200 years during the Middle Ages, with little to no medicinal defenses in 1346-1353 AD.
the difference is, travelling is way more easier and faster than the middle ages so an airbone virus can spread way faster
the spanish flu got a cure, too

lucky lucky Madagascar

the difference is, travelling is way more easier and faster than the middle ages so an airbone virus can spread way faster
the spanish flu got a cure, too

Still, the fact that we had better medicine, along with the fact that people 100 years ago didn't throw their excrement out of their 2nd floor windows, along with hygienic handling of corpses beginning to appear, should have somewhat cut down the death rate.

people 100 years ago didn't throw their excrement out of their 2nd floor windows
~chocolate rain~

afaik ebola doesn't spread very well. not to worry

obama should outlaw ebola

how about we just build a giant wall around africa

how about we just build a giant wall around africa
what about madagascar?

I now have a reason to never go outside

what about madagascar?
madagascar probably closed all their ports and airports already

madagascar probably closed all their ports and airports already

loving madagascar gets me every time I play pandemic.

ontopic: There's no cure for ebola is there?