Author Topic: Just bought five of the world's hottest peppers  (Read 6444 times)

The Carolina Reaper is like one million scoville units hotter than the ghost pepper or somewhere around that. Should be a fun time.

Half a million scoville units, but considering a habanero pepper tops out around 350,000 scoville units that's a pretty forgetin' huge difference.

my dad met a guy who had a stuff ton of pure reaper extract in i tiny little vile. he said if you even touch the lid then you have to take a shower and wash your hands a million times. cos if you dont and you touch your eyes you will go blind.
bs

bs
thats what he said. he could have been loving with me but i believe him

bs

Nah. My friend has pure laboratory grade capsaicin (the chemical that makes this stuff spicy) and it came with a pamphlet on warnings, gloves, and a face mask. Capsaicin is used medically in treatment of pain because it overwhelms and desensitizes the pain receptors it touches. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsaicin#Medical

You do realize it's possible to legitimately die from eating a pepper that hot right

thete are still like 6 peppers not legal to sell in the us.
you sure you got the hottest? or just the hottest avalable

thete are still like 6 peppers not legal to sell in the us.
you sure you got the hottest? or just the hottest avalable

My quick research confirms that the Carolina Reaper is indeed the hottest pepper. Whether or not he actually got the Carolina Reaper is a different story, but since it grows in the US and it was sold at what sounds like a farmers or flea market, I wouldn't be too surprised.