Hidden admins

Author Topic: Hidden admins  (Read 1147 times)

Admins that aren't shown in the player list. They appear as normal players.

Apparently messing with the server list is 'bad' or something.
I also wanted hidden players that don't show on the list at all and was turned down.

moderators do this (aside from the server message when they join)

moderators do this (aside from the server message when they join)

I can do a system like moderators, won't give a welcome message, and it can tell the clients that the console kicked them, or banned them.

Apparently messing with the server list is 'bad' or something.
I also wanted hidden players that don't show on the list at all and was turned down.
This is correct. Unless you know the secureCommandToClient password, this isn't possible to do to all clients, and I'm pretty sure any mod released that contains the password would be instantly failed, just as anything with the Player::setShapeName() password. Both passwords are only know to a few select people, and shouldn't be shared.

This is correct. Unless you know the secureCommandToClient password, this isn't possible to do to all clients, and I'm pretty sure any mod released that contains the password would be instantly failed, just as anything with the Player::setShapeName() password. Both passwords are only know to a few select people, and shouldn't be shared.
This is possible without using any protected functions. Just package sendPlayerListUpdate and set isAdmin to 0, call parent, set it back to what it was before.

This is possible without using any protected functions. Just package sendPlayerListUpdate and set isAdmin to 0, call parent, set it back to what it was before.
oh okay. i thought the only way to do it to all clients was that. didnt marble man attempt this before and fake badspot or something?

Admins that aren't shown in the player list. They appear as normal players.
This was already made by DrenDran alongside with other commands download it here http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=246945.0