Risk of Rain

Author Topic: Risk of Rain  (Read 3595 times)

(clickable image!)

What is Risk of Rain?

Quote from: Risk of Rain About Page
Risk of Rain is an action platformer/adventure game with randomized elements.While we don’t want to spoil the story, we can let a few things through! The game is set in the distant future, where space transportation is common. Space trains carry passengers and goods all across space. A particular space train, however, had some very special cargo. Through a series of unfortunate events, this space train gets shot out of orbit and crash lands on a mysterious planet.. with one survivor.

Risk of Rain can also be played multiplayer, with unlimited player counts, I believe. The game's a bit bugged, but the devs, Hopoo Games, are working on it.

Videos/Gallery
Risk of Rain Let's Play by Rawrquaza
WTF is... Risk of Rain by TotalBiscuit
Risk of Rain steam launch trailer

risk of rain is a really good game but I can never get friends to play it :|

This is one of my best runs I've had so far:

coalescence is the best song in the game hands down but ive never played the game though

finished the game several times, with and without friends

it can get pretty dull after a lot of playing, but you can squeeze a lot of fun from the artifact system

all i remember playing was commando
in the beta
COMMANDO

after purchasing the game
COMMANDO

everything afterwards
COMMANDO

despite not having the flexibility of some of the other chars (huntress) in terms of firing on the move (op)
he felt the most versatile to me
standard attack was gr8 4 build ups (bleeding esp)
fmj was a good show stopper for multihits and knockback
combat roll was always effective for evading / slight boost
suppressive fire for laying down waste and stunlocking enemies from time 2 time

risk of rain is a really good game but I can never get friends to play it :|
It'd be pretty fun to have a big multiplayer game

i might host a 12 player server if the new version fixes performance issues with my pc

my obsession with risk of rain is an unhealthy one.

i'd be up for a multiplayer server, though

huntress is literally the best character

I'd be up for one too
though getting items is gonna be horrible :|

coalescence is the best song in the game hands down but ive never played the game though
i just looked that song up and oh my god it's beautiful

Quote from: i hope i'm not late everyone GET HYPE

The Arena mode we said on Kickstarter was a cool idea before the game was finished. When we added that stretch goal, we didn’t plan to be able to ‘loop’ the game forever; once we added that in, the Arena mode seemed a bit… redundant. However, it wouldn’t be fair to do nothing, so to replace that, we decided to simply add 2 new classes and 10 new items in the same patch.

ya comin @ ur face soon®

-hopoo
http://riskofraingame.com/blog-73014/

I like Chanson d'Automne. First heard it in-game.

I think it'd be cool if the levels were randomly generated instead of just being selected out of a couple layouts

I never could get multiplayer to work with this game :(