Author Topic: Recovering my key bought with a (now) invalid e-mail address.  (Read 3335 times)

Is it possible to go about recovering a key that I can't retrieve normally because the e-mail address had to be closed down due to spam issues?

I e-mailed the support e-mail explaining my issue some time back and never got any response, thus why I'm asking here (even though this would more be a question for Badspot/anybody else that could theoretically do something about this). I also can't re-activate the e-mail address as Google doesn't let you do that once it's been closed for a certain amount of time, which has already passed long ago (it's a Gmail account).

No. It's not possible.

No. It's not possible.
Well,

I did hear of this program that allows you to get your key back using two key.dat's from the same client, I forgot who you had to PM to get though.

Do you still have a copy of blockland with the key set? Then it's easily recovered.

Do you still have a copy of blockland with the key set? Then it's easily recovered.

Unfortunately no. The last time I had installed/played Blockland was around two years ago, and I've since gotten rid of the last computer I had that had it installed with the key. I actually used to have it memorized but the only fields I can remember now are the first and last ones and I was too stupid to back it up anywhere.

Unfortunately no. The last time I had installed/played Blockland was around two years ago, and I've since gotten rid of the last computer I had that had it installed with the key. I actually used to have it memorized but the only fields I can remember now are the first and last ones and I was too stupid to back it up anywhere.
So you know these: XXXXX-????-????-XXXX where X is something you know, and ? is something you don't

It would be very possible if you had original computer and the key.dat file that you generated on that computer, but you need to buy a new key :/

:cookieMonster: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: -Badspot

So you know these: XXXXX-????-????-XXXX where X is something you know, and ? is something you don't

Correct.

Correct.
Well using that it's possible to greatly narrow down the possibilities from what it normally is... but there's still about 34,000,000 different possible combinations.

But there's still about 34,000,000 different possible combinations.

26 letters in the English Alphabet, so upper and lowercase there's 54. Now add the 10 different numbers (0-9) and we get 64. There's 8 unaccounted for numbers, that you don't know. So 64^8 which comes out to 2.8147498e+14 so around 281,474,980,000,000 possible combinations, just for the 8 missing characters. (My math may be wrong, I haven't taken a class in years)

26 letters in the English Alphabet, so upper and lowercase there's 54. Now add the 10 different numbers (0-9) and we get 64. There's 8 unaccounted for numbers, that you don't know. So 64^8 which comes out to 2.8147498e+14 so around 281,474,980,000,000 possible combinations, just for the 8 missing characters. (My math may be wrong, I haven't taken a class in years)
You have no idea how keys work. I'm going to actually update my estimate here to be more accurate.

First off, there are exactly 32 valid characters that can go in each spot. ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZ23456 789 are the valid characters.

Second, there are 2 characters in the last 8 characters of the key tail (The part after the key ID) that depend on on the first 4 characters of the key tail.

So, for each of the 324 (1.04 million) combinations of the first 4 characters of the key tail:
1. There's a 3/14 chance of those 2 characters being in the first 4 unknown characters of the key tail.
2. There's a 3/14 chance of those 2 characters both being in the 4 known characters of the key tail.
3. There's a 4/7 chance of one being in the unknown characters and one being in the known characters.

You can verify that those 3 numbers add up to be exactly 1.

For point #2, there's only a 1 in 322 (1,024) chance that those 2 characters will match up with the known characters.
For point #3, there's a 1 in 32 chance that the 1 character will match up with the known characters.

Using what I just said, we can further refine the numbers. Now out of 1.04 million combinations of the first 4 characters of the key tail:
1. 3/14 of them have 2 more unknown characters.
2. 3/14336 of them have 4 more unknown characters.
3. 1/56 of them have 3 more unknown characters.

Using those numbers we can come up with a formula for the total number of possible combinations:
324 * 3 / 14 * 322 +
324 * 3 / 14336 * 324 +
324 / 56 * 323 =
Approximately 1.07 billion possible key combinations.

That's much more than my original estimate, but it's a hell of a lot more accurate. It's also exactly 322 times less combinations than a plain brute force of all 8 unknown characters.

i swear there are no lower case in keys

Approximately 1.07 billion possible key combinations.
Which means you can forget trying them all.

Unless you remember another segment, you have no chance.

What if Blockland gets over 1.07 billion players HMMMM?

What if Blockland gets over 1.07 billion players HMMMM?
Then Badspot adds a number in the front.
BAM 10.7 billion keys.

OT: I think it is best to just buy a new key. Don't see a way you can retrieve your old one.
Just wait on a Steam Sale, they are sold at like 2$.