Author Topic: Some concerns  (Read 6052 times)

Why was the old server creation interface dumped for the super blown up and clunky touch screen-friendly looking one? Happened a while ago I know, but it's just horrific, and a lot of the addon organization features that were present before are gone now. You now have to go alllll the way through your addons and manually select/deselect them and it's a pain in the ass.

From what I understand, colorsets cannot be used anymore? What's up with that?

Is anyone going to step up and make an RTB equivalent service for hosting addons? Preferably a built in feature, but you know, the front page news is still Blockland on Steam which happened a while ago, and the last actual update was a tweak for the Christmas gamemode, so it doesn't look like we're going to get any official assistance with this.

In my opinion, the game needs attention in general. If Badspot doesn't really care about Blockland anymore, he should just hand it off to someone who does so they can keep it alive.

In my opinion, the game needs attention in general. If Badspot doesn't really care about Blockland anymore, he should just hand it off to someone who does so they can keep it alive.
This so much.

oh my god again with this thread.

oh my god again with this thread.

Point me to a thread where someone asks about the interface, colorsets, RTB replacement and general updates please.

Is anyone going to step up and make an RTB equivalent service for hosting addons?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=261361.0

Can't be made overnight.

Point me to a thread where someone asks about the interface, colorsets, RTB replacement and general updates please.
im not going to dig up random threads that include these same complains because they get lost. i dont keep tracks or bookmark them for future reference. they get locked and vanish.

idk what you mean by colorsets. you can change the colorsets. who said you cant? you were misinformed by some idiot

rtb replacement was carried out by several people in attempt to save the people of blockland(steal the spotlight) and died. people cried the day rtb was shut down and stopped caring the next day. nothing was lost. back ups of addons were made and chat alternatives were made.

general updates. now here is a great thread that includes lots of discussion from everyone on this forum about badspot 'not caring' about blockland updates;
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=258434.0

also badspot made a reference thread with threads from each year saying blockland is dying because of reasons like no rtb or no updates or badspot doesnt care anymore;
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251868.0

you are a low id but you act is if you just joined blockland. this is concerning because idk if youre just done with the game and want to stir things up before you leave.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=261361.0

Can't be made overnight.

This is great news. I did not see this. Thanks

im not going to dig up random threads that include these same complains because they get lost. i dont keep tracks or bookmark them for future reference. they get locked and vanish.

idk what you mean by colorsets. you can change the colorsets. who said you cant? you were misinformed by some idiot

rtb replacement was carried out by several people in attempt to save the people of blockland(steal the spotlight) and died. people cried the day rtb was shut down and stopped caring the next day. nothing was lost. back ups of addons were made and chat alternatives were made.

general updates. now here is a great thread that includes lots of discussion from everyone on this forum about badspot 'not caring' about blockland updates;
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=258434.0

also badspot made a reference thread with threads from each year saying blockland is dying because of reasons like no rtb or no updates or badspot doesnt care anymore;
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251868.0

you are a low id but you act is if you just joined blockland. this is concerning because idk if youre just done with the game and want to stir things up before you leave.

Obviously I know people bitch about the game dying. Clearly this was not the prime subject of my post. Also, about the colorsets, this retains to the clunky server creation interface. Before, you could change colorsets in server creation. It appears to me that there is no option for this now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:29:43 PM by Epiphany »

Obviously I know people bitch about the game dying. Anyone with decent reading comprehension skills could surely realize this was not the prime subject of my post.
yeah ill just label you as a troll and move on.

What the heck are you talking about? You can to change the color set in "server creation", as you call it.

What the heck are you talking about? You can to change the color set in "server creation", as you call it.

Start a Game I guess, sorry. Anyways from what I can see, you choose a gamemode, then there are the Add-Ons, Music, and Advanced sections to edit. After this is server settings and then the launching of the game. I do not see any options to change colorsets.

yeah ill just label you as a troll and move on.

I guess it was my fault for even mentioning anything about the game not getting enough attention here, because there are always the ones who complain about it. The game DOES need attention, and that is a fact.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:43:25 PM by Epiphany »

Also one issue I forgot that may or may not be an issue with my graphics card; whenever I fly over a brick or touch the top of a brick, my avatar is fully colored to the same color as the brick... Anyone seen this before?

Also, it's inconsistent. Sometimes it won't change my colors, and other times the color change is delayed, other times it's immediate. Whenever I open options and close it, even if I change nothing, it reverts my avatar's colors. No idea what's causing this
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:04:54 PM by Epiphany »

I do not see any options to change colorsets.
It should be in the tab labeled "colors."
Also one issue I forgot that may or may not be an issue with my graphics card; whenever I fly over a brick or touch the top of a brick, my avatar is fully colored to the same color as the brick... Anyone seen this before?
As for this, it may be a (broken) addon that you have.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:09:19 PM by Jibby »

Add-Ons, Music and Advanced are the only tabs that show.

Add-Ons, Music and Advanced are the only tabs that show.
That is because Blockland has never allowed you to change your colorset in-game, RTB implemented that feature.

That sounds like a bad add-on messing up your game, run Blockland with just default add-ons and see if that still happens.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:17:05 PM by WALDO »

So just re-download RTB, some of its functions that don't require a server still work, and should still be counted as a functional addon.